Taiwan 6/7 - Cool Area at Danshui and Elephant Mountain, Perfect Place to See Taipei 101

"Travel!!
Before you run out of time"

from Elephant Mountain, too beautiful!
Day 7 - Thursday, 31 May 2018


Danshui (Tamsui) is on my list for today, leaving ny hostel and I am heading to thay way, I read we only need to take subway and get off on the last station, actually Danshui located outside of Taipei, north Taiwan but it's easy accessible by subway. 

Heading to Danshui by myself and I was stopped by Chiate, it's like the one and only shop at Taiwan, the famous pineapple cookies and green onion as well. I saw lot of people buy this cookies so I just want to try, they don't open branch. Nanjing Sanmin is the closest subway station, one you get off, you only need to walk about 100-200 meters.

Chiate!
the famous pineapple cakes
I like the onion ones :)

So I stopped by for a while then continuing my way to Danshui. While the subway approaching Danshui, the ambience seems different, you will see the river, Taipei is more to city with hustle bustle but Danshui is a cool area that giving you different vibes.

The place is nice with some markets next to river, localities shop, snacks etc. I met new friend and we explored the area together. We explored the old street and market, wandering on the street next to river, ate at one of restaurant that made is curious because it's pretty crowded, NTD 120 for 3 kind of meals.
approaching Danshui! :)
Danshui Old Street
lunch time :D
can't read so we just order by seeing the pictures :D
Danshui Station
great companion, J :)
It's fun enough to explore Danshui in the afternoon even it was a little bit hot but the wind makes weather a bit cooler. I bet the place will way more crowded at night. I almost want to wait there until the night but I changed my mind and we headed to Elephant Mountain instead.

We took the MRT from Tamsui Station to Xiangshan Station, still on the red line and it is the last stop, going out from Exit 2. From there we walk about 15 minutes until the starting point of Elephant Mountain. It is indeed a lot of stairs to reach the top, so many friends recommend me to visit this place, it's a nice spot to see Taipei 101 and surrounding area. The hike itself took about 20-25 minutes, such a tiring hike, the stairs are pretty high. I was sooo exhausted, glad I brought my water. But once you arrived on top, the view was spectacular. I arrived around 4.30 PM and waited there.
ready to climb the stairs?
phew, I'm dying
hop hop
some people do exerchise on the top? whuat?
waiting
I thought it would be more beautiful with the lights on and during the night, so I waited there. So many people up there, there was also another spot where all the professional camera and tripods were quite blocking us to see the view. There also another landing area with bench and so many people wait there, I also wait and sat there to wait until the sunset and night came. It surely beautiful scenery to see and I was glad I came to see this and not hike alone. I met this nice friend who apparently want to go to Elephant Mountain too. I took bunch of pictures and I found out why this place called Elephant Mountain. Apparently the combining of silhouette of the trees, rock etc are looks like Elephant picture. The view is definitely worth the hike :)

I headed back to Chiate first to shop some few things before going back to Ximen area and I wander around that area, still happy wandering around the same area and I explore, eating and shopping more in the area. My hostel is dormitory but it seems private with the capsule concept. I have a good rest to enjoy my rest of the night.
yesss so crowded :p
the lights make it more beautiful
I love it! that tallest building is called Taipei 101 building
heading back to Chiate to but few things
Ximen area
dinner time
yum!
me at Elephant Mountain with Taipei 101 as background
Thank you for reading my blog and see you soon.

Cheers,
MJ

Comments