Yogyakarta 2022 1/4 : Back to Jogja Again! Yay!

"Yay finally I'm backkk to Jogja"

Tugu Monument, it's Jogja's icon
I used to go to this city like once a year so yay finally I went to Yogyakarta again this year. I booked my flight and hotel already but I forgot that I have offline meeting in my office so yeah I had to book another flight for the next day since I couldn't reschedule my departure flight and refund my first night hotel. I booked TransNusa flight via Tiket.com but since I booked round trip ticket (Rp 1,071,660) they don't have feature to just reschedule one flight and they said if I want to reschedule my flight I should contact the airline, I did contact the airline and they tell me to go to their office which is at the airport so I felt it's just wasting time and money, probably the cost to go to the airport is more or less same with book another flight, so I booked another flight instead, I booked one way ticket (Pelita Air) to Jogja (Rp 612.000).

early flight is always hard



inside Pelita Air flight

Day 1 - Thursday, October 27, 2022

My flight with Pelita Air will depart at 6.40, so I woke up early, heading to airport. It was a nice flight, first time using this airline. It will arrive at 7.55 AM, Oh Jogja has a new airport (Yogyakarta International Airport Kulon Progo - YIA) and it's far from the city. I took a train from the YIA to the city cost Rp 20K. Just follow the sign, probably need to walk around 10 - 15 minutes from Airport exit. There is a vending machine to buy the ticket, the schedule run probably around once in an hour, I paid my ticket via OVO. There is also an officer there so you can ask them if you need help. The journey took around 40 minutes, such a decent train. I also love their new airport, looks modern yet still have Jogja vibes.

New Yogyakarta Airport, so nice!



waiting room for the train from airport to city center

let's board the train

it's clean, it took around 40 minutes to city center

From Yogyakarta Station I took Grabcar to Hotel (Rp 11K). It's very close from the station, I stayed at Kotta Go Hotel, I actually already paid for 2 nights but stay only for a night. I paid Rp 557,408/ 2 nights so it's Rp 278,704/night which is so cheap. Since I paid for 2 nights so I can early check in. Too bad I arrived pretty late for having breakfast because I arrived at the hotel around 10.30 AM. The room was small, probably because I took the cheapest room haha but it's a good deal tho'.

arrrived at Kotta Go Hotel




I was so tired and still sleepy so I just want to take some rest there, feel lazy to get up and explore soon, I was just ordered some food via Online. I ordered Lumpia Samijaya (Rp 22K) and Mie Ayam Bandung 59 (Rp 33K). I had my lunch and snack at the hotel. Anyway this Lumpia is good, I actually not a fan of Rebung, not sure what's the word in English. Since the smell is just not goof for me, but surprisingly this one is good.

After a while I called room service and booked massage service for 60 minutes (Rp 170K), apparently they don't have special room so the service will be in the room, It's just so relaxing and I fell asleep. This old lady was really nice, she asked if I worked that hard since my body was so stiff, haha, I said yes I used to sit a long time in front of my laptop.

Delicious Lumpia, I love it!


the noodle was just so so for me

It's time to go out, apparently my hotel is located not far from Tugu  Monument, so I walked around and find this cafe, Kebon Ndalem, I ordered coffee (Rp 37K), I went to the 2nd floor and yep, the view direct to Tugu is very nice but the seats were full, I just took some pictures there.

From there I walked around Malioboro, I saw a glimpse of Teras Malioboro 2, just a quick sightseeing inside the market then I took Becak (Rp 30K) and had him to go around and explore area then go back to Malioboro. I want to visit this cafe first before riding around, I went to Mamahké Jogja, I ordered tea & cake (Rp 49K), enjoying some time at the cafe, the interior is instagrammable but the cake is so so, this place is nearby Alun-Alun.









at Mamahké Jogja



fun ride with becak from Malioboro
The becak took me to go to this Batik store, Rumah Suryowijayan, and wow the quality is good, it's pricey but the model or choices are so many, I spend quite some time there, looking around and bought myself clothes (Rp 148K), this store is located inside the housing complex, but it's so crowded. I might go back to this store again. So I am back to Malioboro and it's already dinner time, I took Gojek to Ayam Suharti (Rp 19K), they also open in Jakarta but they said the one in Jogja is so delicious that I want to try it. I had dinner there (Rp 77K) and yes it's so delicious, happy tummy and I felt like eating quite a lot that day. From there I took a Grab to Hotel (Rp 41K). Anyway my sister will join my trip, she will arrive at Jogja around midnight by train.

Rumah Suryowijayan


Ayam Suharti

sooo tasty! happy tummy



me at Malioboro

Thank you for reading my travel diaries, see you soon.

Cheers,

MJ

Comments