Taiwan 3/7 - One Day Trip to Jiufen Old Street and I Found a Tasty yet Cheap Sushi at Taipei!

"What advice would you give to people?"
Jackie Chen : Travel. Your money will return, Your time won't.

exploring Jiufen Old Street
Day 4 - Monday, 28 May 2018

Today we will go to Jiufen area, Ruifang District, this time I went with a friend that I met already on my first day, he is so kind to accompany me to explore Taiwan. We decided to go to Jiufen because this place kind of popular as a destination in Taiwan and it's not that hard to go by yourself.

We met around New Taipei area first and having a nice lunch at Sushi Express, which is everything NTD 30/plate. We sat on the bar and took everything that we want to eat. I love sushi and this price was soooo awesome yet cheap, happy tummy.
at Sushi Express
everything NTD 30/plate
yum!
enjoying much our lunch haha xDD
Heading to Jiufen from Xike Station to Ruifang Station then take a bus no. 788 (NTD 15) to Jiufen Old Street, the bus journey took around 30 minutes until Jiufen Old Street stop. From there we wander around the market and I can tell this old market is sooo big and so interesting to see around. Taiwan has lot of night market and each of them sell mostly different kind of street food or snacks. The red lantern around the area was so pretty especially at night.
we walked to bus stop from Hualien Station
the bus station next to police station
inside the bus to Jiufen
arrived around the top
Going around, eat many things, and actually we want to get a great spot to take picture of Jiufen, when I browsed the Jiufen pictures, so many nice pictures there, so I hope to find the same nice spot to take good pictures but apparently I guess the angle of that nice picture if you are using drone. We kinda waited until bit dark to see the nice lights from those red lanterns. This old market located on the top of hills so it's interesting to see and it reminds me with Cinque Terre in Italy.
our adventures at Jiufen Old Street, begin!
candy with different shapes :)
cute magnet fridges
snacks
I know it's Japanese but they are a lot
so many characters here
watermelon juice, so refreshing!
NTD 200 coins to get egg :)

the view from Jiufen Old Street
little cave I found along the stairs
the stairs were so steep and loong

wanna going up again? haha no thankss :p
the lanterns 
cute store
ice cream :)
bye Jiufen! :D
Heading back to Taipei and my friend want to check Syntrend mall, apparently this shopping mall is full with toys or video games, if you like toys maybe you can visit this shopping mall. Taiwan also full with toys, I remember you can also find it at underground Taipei Main Station, you will find one section where all the stores are full with toys or video games.
I love this and so many tasty variants 
Syntrend Mall
Hello Darth Vader
It's Squall! :)
too many action figures
Gundam!
Funko!
From Syntrend we went to main station and like I told you, we were heading to toys sections because there is toys station. We also had another sushi time for dinner, this time Sushi Take Out and it was sooo delicious and cheap, I love the sushi, mostly everything below NTD 150.
sooooo delicious! I love Sushi Take Out
ice cream again! :)
I got Woody from Toys Story :D
my favorite basket team, Shohoku! Rukawa & Sakuragi hehe
lounge at my hostel, Oxygen Hostel
That's all for that day and thank you for reading my blog.

cheers,
MJ

Comments