Taiwan 4/7 - Day Trip to Wulai Hot Springs and Explore Raohe Street Night Market

"If you're not where you wanna be in
your life, why you chilling so much?"

eating day at Raohe Street Night Market :D
Day 5 - Tuesday, 29 May 2018 
Based on my friend recommendation, I went to Wulai area on that day, I took subway from Ximen Station to Xindian Station (green line) so no need to transit then I took a bus no. 849 to Wulai Old Street, once you came out from station just take the bus from behind the tourist information on your right. This time I went solo to Wulai.

Wulai is located outside Taipei but it's easy accessible and not that far, around 2 hours from main station. Along the way on the bus we could see the nice view, take a right seat to see the view. The road was pretty similar like Jiufen, up and down the hills, the bus journey was around 40 minutes.

Once we arrived on the last stop, we need to walk around 15 minutes then we will find Wulai Old Street, this street is not that long and big. There is also a museum not far from the entrance for old street, Wulai Atayal Museum, a museum about local aboriginal culture . It is located on the right side and free to enter.
kimbab and yakult for breakfast, yum! NTD 31
inside the subway to Xindian Station
waiting for the bus to Wulai
time to get into the bus no. 849
inside the bus
view during the journey to Wulai
arrived at Wulai
Wulai Old Street
Wulai Atayal Museum
I entered the museum, beside it's very hot outside so enter the museum and get the aircon looks refreshing, they also have toilet. I take a look inside the museum. This museum is a special place for displaying the history, culture and customs of the Atayal tribe. I didn't take picture inside, sorry.


It's always raining recently, but it's on and off, on and off. I have my rain coat so all good. I read when in Wulai, you might try the Black Pork Sausage (NTD 35) so I tried it, for me personally, I don't really like it. 
it was bit raining
black pork sausage

Next destination at Wulai is find the Hot Springs. Actually I was hoping to find hot springs outdoor but I couldn't find it but maybe they already gone, I heard before they have that Old Hot Springs but the Hot Springs been demolished. I walked onto waterfall direction, it was bit far and I saw no one. Wulai area was not that crowded with tourist at that time. 

There were some reconstructions at that time and I walk, walk and walk, kinda hesitated to keep going because I can't imagine if I need to walk back again with the same distance. But I keep going until there was downpour, so I took out my rain coat and using it. I ran and try to find shelter.


Once I sat, I saw a couple came from different direction with me and went to this shelter like me. I asked them if they came from the waterfall and they said yes, they are from Taiwan, I asked them how is it? And they said well, it's not that good. They showed me the picture and I was like, okay, I think I will skip that. 
if you want to take cable car

So, once the rain was stopped, I went back, walking and walking again until I saw some places offered me to try hot springs in private. There are places where inside the room, you can see the view. There are some places that you can choose with differrent prices, the first place offered me for NTD 250/hour.

I ended up try the place where I only need to pay NTD 150/90 minutes, it's a small room with TV, but I choose this place because it looks promising from outside and that's true. It's clean, they provide mineral water, shampoo, soap, towel, hair dryer etc. I was bit messed at that time because I was sweating and wet due to raining at the same time. So, having hot springs on that condition was sooo relaxing. Once I finished, downpour came again so I took out my rain coat and used it. Heading to the bus stop near the parking lot and take Bus No. 849 back to Xindian Station to take subway.
relaxing at private hot springs haha
at Xindian Station, going back to Taipei Main Station
From there I went to Raohe Street Night Market, this night market so far was my favorite, I went here based on my friends recommendation and lot of people like this market because of their food selections, I would agree. I am ready to eat on that market :D first snack was bubble or jelly or snow ball dessert (NTD 80), then I had Potato Shrimp and that was so delicious (NTD 40), Pork Bun (NTD 50), there was something special for this Pork Bun, it is located soon as you enter the Raohe Street Night Market and you will find line where I found it later this place was full with people queuing to buy this Pork Bun. I also heard some people was not lucky to buy it due to sold out. Well, I guess I was lucky because I went there just in time before the store was just opened. I was strolling around the market, the market was not that big but it's really interesting to stroll around, I waited there until the lanterns were on, so it looks nicer to see with those beautiful red lanterns.
another night market but most stalls still not opened yet
stroll around the area
explore the market
trying snow ball at Taiwan, NTD 80
at the end of Raohe Street
cute puppies
Hello Kitty and friends
this is so tasty!
the famous Pork Bun
the line to get the bun
phew no long line since it's quite early hehe
I waited and sit across the market to wait until the lights on
getting crowded
woww
lovely!
Line store at main station
Went back to main station and this time, I met up with another new friend at La Caja de Musica, Spain Restaurant, we chatted for few hours and from there I went back to my hostel and had a good sleep for sure.
 I love wine :)
Spanish snack :D
no worries, it's safe..I went back to my hostel around 00.00
happy face at Raohe Street Night Market :)

Thank you for reading my blog and see you soon.

cheers,
MJ

Comments

  1. Hi, can I know what is the name for the hot spring you went?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I can't speak Mandarin so I didn't know the name but if I checked Google you can search 烏來龍門精緻溫泉民宿 https://goo.gl/maps/uDTF1y62fU2vR38j9 it's at Wenquan Street, and the building is in wood Brown color.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Any comments or questions are very welcome! but sorry I will delete for anyone who left backlink on the comment :) hope you understand! cheers!