Europe Summer 2019 - 2/15 : Explore Jordaan in Amsterdam, Netherlands and Heading to Vienna, Austria

Unexpected things might happened during traveling, 
don't worry too much and enjoy it!

Jordaan area, Netherlands

Day 3 - Monday, May 27, 2019

AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS

I didn't take out many things from my luggage because I only stayed for one night at Amsterdam due to sudden change flight to Vienna. So I managed by luggage, had early check out and carried around my luggage with me until the time for my flight to Vienna. I went to the centre by tram and decided to stopped by around Jordaan area because I never been there and I just want to take a look around. It's actually very nice, the weather is a little bit windy so I put on my cardigan, walked around and I like it though, canals are everywhere and it makes this city more prettier even though you just walked around.


Canals everywhere and it's really nice

I like the color of buildings here

I also found a market, they sell various things, Noordermarkt. I like going to the market, last time when I went to Amsterdam, I went to Albert Cupymarkt in 2017, before catching my bus to Paris and that was really nice. So yeah I enjoyed going around market, it's sunny day compared to yesterday. I had a nice orange fresh juice for 1.5 Euro, boosted my body with vitamin C is a must when traveling.

Noordermarkt

this market is not too big

yum!





I was heading to Central Station but explored a little bit of Jordaan area again and surrounding along my way tp Central Station. Nearby the Central Station, since it's mid-day already so I tried this Mannekenpis for lunch, I don't know why this french fries is very famous so while it's still early and not so crowded I bought it (5.3 Euro), the portion was really big, I sat down on the bench near the central station, just across the stall and enjoyed my fries, it's delicious but too much, so full. That day was so lovely that I enjoyed my Monday by doing that, not getting up so early and go to work but there and on my holiday. Thinking something like that was really made my day because it's real at that time. So I took the train back to Schiphol and going to take my flight to Vienna, I bought the train ticket to Airport through vending machine at Main Station, 5.5 Euro.

Canals and Bikes are everywhere



it's sunny but still a little bit cold


Red Light District on daylight



Amsterdam Central Station, it's good to be back here again

waiting for my train to Schiphol Airport

train to Schiphol Airport

The good thing for taking Easyjet is they allow you to take cabin luggage with you, no restriction weight but they only allow one bag, so you need to put your hand bag/sling bag inside your cabin luggage, and that's why you need get in line so quickly because if you're late then you can't take your cabin luggage with you since they might not have some space left. Oh and it's also strict that you need to put liquid not more than 100 ml and you need to put it all on plastic clip, well I prepared already and read all the rules in advance so good to go.

Due to sudden change, there was something wrong with my e-boarding pass, but it doesn't matter, the staff was very helpful and I can still put my cabin luggage with me and lucky me I got on priority line. I was worried they will put my cabin separately because I just don't want to waste my time waiting for my luggage at the airport.

boarding room at Schiphol Airport
waiting for my flight

stuffed my backpack inside that luggage and soon my sling bag

soon will be arrived at Vienna


VIENNA, AUSTRIA

The weather was nice during the 2 hours flight, and it's my first time landed at Vienna International Airport, from there I tried to find my way out to the centre. I took the train from Airport to city centre, Wien Hbf (Hauptbahnhof) or Vienna Main Station (4.2 Euro). I will stay at my friend's place. Anyway, actually I asked her all of sudden, at first my plan just want to meet up with her but this sudden changes flight required me to stay at Vienna so I told her about my situation, when I was at Abu Dhabi Airport and I ended up stay in her place which very nice of her and I was so happy that we can meet again and I can't believe that her place  is still the same like 2 years ago, back in 2017, what a reminiscence. I will go to her place at night because she need to work.

Vienna International Airport


I bought my ticket to Wien Hbf/Vienna Main Station

inside the train

Wandering around the city and I want to sit down at some Vienna Cafe, trying the cake and coffee. I met a new friend from Israel, we decided to meet up some where, wandered around together and went to this Vienna Cafe. The interior is superb! I feel like this cafe is so Vienna. I love when I can feel the local feeling on it, we had coffee and cake there, Gerstner K. u. K. Hofzuckerbäcker, the staff was also very kind. We had a cake and want to share then they gave us in sharing portion already, super! the cake also very tasty, I spent 10 Euro on that  cafe, it was raining outside so going inside to this cafe was such a very good decision.

it's raining :(
still raining but I don't want to waste my time waiting 

passing the fruits stall


it's still drizzle but it's okay


this cafe looks very nice from outside so we decided to go inside

and yess so pretty :)


I like the interior
I like the interior and the cake
I felt this cafe is so Vienna

From there I was heading to my friend's house, it's a bit raining and I don't know Vienna is always welcoming me with raining haha but I like Vienna. I forgot to have dinner so I went to this Kebab restaurant along my way and I bought it for dinner - take away, 3 Euro. I was a little bit tired at that time so I might take a good rest in Vienna. Anyway, nice to meet you again, Becca! you're like my saviour on that day, thank you so much!

I bought my kebab there, 3 Euro, big portion, wow!
heading to my friend's place

Thanks for reading my travel diaries.

Stay safe and take care!

MJ

inside the train to Schiphol Airport from Central


Comments