Europe Summer 2019 - 4/15 : Bratislava First then Budapest

 "Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching."

Bratislava, Slovakia

Day 5 - Wednesday, May 29. 2019

VIENNA, AUSTRIA

After having my healthy breakfast, anyway I ate lot of fruits in Europe especially blueberries because it's really cheap in here, I left around 10.30 AM to the main station, Wien Haubtbahnhof by tram (2.6 Euro). The Vienna Main Station is very big but nice. I haven't bought the bus ticket to Bratislava yet so I bought it online on the day. I looked for the bus through Omio app and I found this Regiojet, then I bought it from Regiojet website, it costs 5 Euro for an hour and 20 minutes journey. I tried Regiojet before and it was nice so when I found this bus then I guess it's a good choice for me. While waiting for my bus, I went to convenience store to buy some snacks or food. Anyway inside the station, they have free toilet, it's rare to find free toilet in Europe.


Wien Haubtbahnhof


The bus station, Vienna, Hbf Main train station (Südtiroler Platz), is located outside, it was a bit confusing to find this bus station at first. Actually it was the same bus station when I took the night bus to Venice back in 2017. Waiting for the bus in the midst of rain. Thank you Vienna, I had a good time as usual :)


Bus Station location for Regiojet
going out to find the bus terminal
just acrros the road to find the Bus Terminal

Regiojet Bus to Budapest, 5 Euro

inside the bus

BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA

Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia. I was initially had a plan to stay here for one night and I paid the hostel already but I changed my mind and preferred to stay at Vienna for 2 nights. I decided to just look around before heading to Budapest. When I booked the bus ticket, I looked for the station which is a way more center and that's how I choose to get off at Bratislava, Most SNP (Nový most). It's near Bratislava Castle and I guess that's going to be my first destination to wander around Bratislava for few hours.

Apparently it's not that easy to go to Bratislava Castle since it's located on the hill above the old town. And I had my luggage with me, haha, so yeah it's hard but I managed to go there. I only looked around the castle and not getting in. I didn't know whether we can go inside or not. So, I only there and enjoying the view from the top, take a break before going down and explore the old town.

get off in this station
you might see this building to Old Town area and Bratislava Castle on the opposite

get ready to up to the hill

view from the hill, you can see the Danube River

a glimpse of Bratislava Castle

what an effort to go up :p
time to get down and explore the old town
me in front of Bratislava Castle

I went to the Old Town and explored around. There were not so many people and I felt like Bratislava was less crowded. I was curious to visit this city and see how it looks like that's why I visited this city. There are a lot of bronze statues, I walked around and tha main square is interesting to check out. So, maybe this city will enough for one day trip. From there I went to Bratislava Central Bus Station to take the bus to Budapest. I take the bus to Bus Terminal (0.7 Euro). I am going to take FlixBus this time, since I bought the package 99 Euro/5 trips. I haven't booked my bus yet so I am going to book it at bus terminal.

nice and less crowded
souvenirs
magnet fridge
Man at Work, bronze statue
Main Square
bought my magnet fridge
Me at Main Square
When I arrived at the Bratislava Central Bus Station, apparently for the FlixBus, you need to walk more, so I went there followed some people instruction. There, I booked my bus and waited for it, apparently the bus was delayed. Anyway, there was something happened, so when there was a Flixbus came to my platform, I thought it was my bus, so I put my luggage inside the baggage, following some girls in front of me who also have the same direction but well apparently it was not my bus. Me and those girls were a bit panicked when the bus almost departed and our luggage were inside that bus, haha, lesson learned, double check your own bus. The journey to Budapest will take about 2.5 hours.
I bought my bus ticket there to Bus Station
that's my bus to the Central Station
now try to find the platform, apparently I need to turn left and walk more
waiting for my bus which was delayed

BUDAPEST, HUNGARY

I get off at Budapest Kelenföld Bus Station, from there I took a tram to Astoria. I withdrawn some money from ATM since they have different currency, HUF. And I need cash to buy the tram ticket since they don't accept card. I withdrawn some money and bought something inside the station to get the small money. I took the tram 49 to Astoria (350 HUF ~ IDR 17,000). I booked my hostel already, The Hive Party Hostel for 2 nights, I took the 10 Bed Mixed Dorm for 16 Euro/2 nights, so that's so cheap. Welcome to East Europe! haha I like the hostel, it's very clean, the bed was spacious and at night they have a bar on the ground floor.
get off on that Bus Terminal
there is subway station but I didn't take subway
I took the tram to Astoria, more closer to my hostel
now it's time to find my hostel, it was not too far from the tram station

I stil have no plan for that night, so anything would be fine. It was my first night at Budapest and I guess this city love to party. I met some new friends there and we all met at Szimpla Kert, a famous ruined bar at Budapest. There were some people from Budapest, Myanmar, Kazakhstan, India, Turkey, etc. It was nice to met some new friends. I like the uniqueness of this bar, they have those old mismatched or disused things and made into decorations, and the place was also very big. Anyway the security will check your bags before you enter and you're not allowed to bring your water bottle. My friend recommended this place and it's such an experience to try when you are in Budapest, so check that out. 

From there despite of downpour, we went to Instant by walking. My first night ended up visited this place, it was a club and it's free to enter. They have some different rooms and you can just enter the room which music will suitable for you. It was late so I went back to my hostel and I found this petite store, they serve Pizza and looks delicious from outside so I went inside, sat there and eating haha (1.6 Euro). Well, have fun at Budapest! :D
It is located next to Szimpla Kert, I will check it tomorrow
inside the Szimpla Kert
definitely sooo crowded
a lot of different rooms
look at the bench

check upstairs
Instant, Budapest

Thank you for reading my travel diaries!

Stay safe and take care!

MJ

Comments

Post a Comment

Any comments or questions are very welcome! but sorry I will delete for anyone who left backlink on the comment :) hope you understand! cheers!