Europe Summer 2019 - 6/15 : So Glad It's Sunny Day at Zagreb and I Almost Got Robbed

 "A life spent making mistakes is not only honorable,
but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." 
-George Bernhard Shaw

St. Mark's Church, Zagreb, Croatia
Day 7 - Friday, May 31 2019

BUDAPEST, HUNGARY

Actually I still have time to explore around Budapest in that morning, but I was too lazy to go out and decided to sleep more. I will take a Flix Bus from the same Bus Terminal when I arrived at Budapest. I went by tram (350 HUF) to Bus Terminal, Budapest Kelenföld Station. I will go to Zagreb, Croatia. My main destination of Croatia is Dubrovnik but the flight was too expensive so I  used my time to hop around before Dubrovnik. I fell in love with Budapest, there are some places that I want to visit when I am back, I think I will go back there, the Thermal Spa in on my list.

around my hostel

let's go to Bus Station

inside the tram

waiting for my Flix Bus to Zagreb

inside the bus to Zagreb

The Hive Hostel, Budapest






ZAGREB, CROATIA

It took around 4.5 hours from Budapest to Zagreb, I arrived around 4.30 PM in Zagreb, I loveeee the weather, it's sunny day! finally no need to wear my warm jacket. I already browsed a little bit what to see in Zagreb for few hours before taking my night bus to Dubrovnik. I met a new friend from Romania at the Main Square, we had dinner together at Big5 (42 Kn-Kuna~5 EUR~100k IDR) it's like McDonalds.

He took me to Cathedral of Zagreb, I think there was some events there, lot of people wearing traditional clothes. Wandered around and I want to find this building, when I browsed Zagreb, I always see this building, St. Mark's Church. It's very unique, look at the roof. It's one of the oldest architectural monuments in Zagreb.

inside the tram at Zagreb

I loveee the weather!

Happy me not wearing warm jacket!

Main Square at Zagreb

inside the Cathedral


it's nice strolling around


the iconic, St. Mark's Church
Museum Broken Relationships (40 Kn), basically this museum displayed some items that had some stories behind it, most of those stories are heartbreaking. Passing one item to another and read the stories.

When I walked around, I found this nice open space Cafe, with nice view and many people hang out there. It's located in uptown Zagreb but I forgot exactly where the location is. I tried to look at the map while writing this, I can say it's very close with Panoramic View- Point of Zagreb, from here you can see the city view and Cathedral. I like this place a lot, I think it's the highlight of Zagreb for me.


Museum Broken Relationships

one of the brokenship stories, see below photo to read the story

here one of those heartbreaking stories


nice

kind of curious what's that

wow, so lucky to check this out


need to boost my energy

UNPLEASANT STORIES IN ZAGREB

I went back to the main square and passing St. Mark's Church once again and there was an unpleasant stoory near St. Mark's Church, I think it's also my fault since I took the shortcut way and ended up the road was empty, and I almost got robbed. There were 2 young men, one stand away, maybe to look surroundings, but another one apparently stand behind me and I didn't realize until I kind of hearing plastic sound from the back and when I looked back, I was startled seeing the boy holding an open map and I saw my backpack already opened wide. I took my bag check everything inside, I glared at him, and he just said "Oops" while pointing his finger to my luggage since my luggage was running due to downhill road. I checked my belongings on the backpack and glad, he didn't got a chance to snap my things then I chased my lugagge. Those 2 bastards left me. Well, my heart beating so fast, shaking and blank. I walked back to main square and told some friends. Back to Big5, eating ice cream to calm down and become so extra cautious. What an experince, almost got robbed, passport is my concern, I don't bring many cash and prefer using card.

always passing the main street not like this one :D
To be honest, I was so scared on that night, I was alone and I need to take care myself. I waited  on Big5 for a while before catching my night bus. From there I bought tram ticket on small kiosk using my card, and went to bus terminal. My bus will depart at 11.55 PM, okay it's actually not a good idea haha cause I found the bus terminal was pretty empty, most of shops already closed and I worried too much, I guess it happened after that incident. I waited my bus and try to calm but it's hard since I felt it took a very long time until the bus is coming, actually I felt like I wanna cry so bad haha, I hope another passengers would come so I got accompany. Finally my Flix Bus is coming, phew, bye Zagreb!

at Big5, calming down and killing time before heading to the Bus Terminal

back to main square

I bought the tram ticket there

waiting for another tram

waiting..waiting..tik tok *bitnervous

finally inside my night bus
When I am on the bus, I was surprised (again), suddenly I got few notifications for Zagreb's transactions. I was panicked and temporary blocked my card right away. You know what, after some considerations after sleeping, apparently those were my transactions but the notifications came too late, that's why. Bus journey from Zagreb to Dubrovnik took around 9.5 hours.

Will explore Dubrovnik soon, thanks for reading my travel diaries! stay healthy!

MJ

Comments