Europe Summer 2019 - 8/15 : Split then Salzburg, Met Nice Fellow Indonesians

 "It's a great way to meet new friends."

DomQuartier, Salzburg
Day 9 - Sunday, June 2 2019

DUBROVNIK, CROATIA

I have flight to Salzburg from Split, so I need to take a morning bus from Dubrovnik to Split. I asked the hostel staff about the information and they said, I need to take morning bus from Bus Terminal, Autobusni Kolodvor. So yeah I checked out earlier and go to Bus Terminal by local bus (1A - 12 Kn). There were not so many people on that morning and it felt so different with yesterday when the street were too packed with people. My hostel was in a very good location, so close with the main street - Stradun. I had a chance to enjoy my time in the morning and took the picture with an empty-street-view. 

I haven't bought my ticket to Split, so I thought maybe I could just buy the ticket on the spot. I took Croatia Bus (128 Kn + Extra Luggage 10 Kn) departed on 8 AM, well they charge you extra for luggage. The journey took around 4 - 5 hours. I was so lucky and happy to have Dubrovnik on my list during the Europe Trip, it's so worth it and beautiful indeed especially the Old Town. Every nook and cranny was sooo nice and wonderful.

The Church of St. Blaise and Bell Tower next to it
such a very nice Old Town I ever seen


happy face at Dubrovnik


I don't want to leave this beautiful Old Town

Thanks Dubrovnik!

on the bus to Bus Terminal

I will get on that bus to Split

inside the Croatia Bus

on my way to Split

SPLIT, CROATIA

Once I arrived at Split, I think I still have some time to explore even just for a while before catching up my flight. So, I bought Airport Bus ticket to Split Airpport (34 Kn), the bus will leave at 3 PM. I browsed and found this place which is quite interesting to check. I went to Diocletian Palace area, it's really nice, a bit similar with Old Town at Dubrovnik and it was pretty crowded.

I also found some alleys which also used for Game of Thrones filmed location. I wandered around the area, they have some markets there and nice building to check. I had my lunch (17 Kn) there near the Bus locket and then I waited my bus. 

arrived at Split

let's explore around a bit!

I love market!


I felt like watching Alladin scene

Diocletian Palace


underground stall

Game of Thrones scene was here

cookies sampling, I got one too

beautiful paintings


I bought my lunch there, just next to the bus locket

time to fuel my tummy

I bought my airport bus ticket there (34Kn)

So, I went to airport and taking Euro Wings to Salzburg, Austria, my flight departed at 18.55, the journey took around an hour and 15 minutes to Salzburg. I checked in online while waiting on the Cafe and enjoying Hot Chocolate (17 Kn), got my boarding pass on my email. The airport was not very big.

Actually I bought extra luggage (20 EUR), because I thought my luggage already more than 10 kgs and I couldn't take it with me to the cabin, but it turns out I can carry it on the cabin, that's nice tho' cause when I landed, I don't need to wait for my luggage.

Hot Chocolate was my best friend at that time

first time taking Euro Wings

inside Euro Wings
SALZBURG, AUSTRIA

After more than hour on flight, I landed on Salzburg. Get out from Airport and then I took a bus to the center from the Bus Stop just in front of the airport. Luckily I can just buy the ticket using my credit card at the ticket vending machine there. I actually want to go straight to Bus Terminal but when I looked at the time, I thought I might still have some time to explore just a little bit before going to Bus Terminal. I took the bus (2 EUR) then got off along the way which I found it's kind of interesting to check out. Apparently it's Old Town area at Salzburg! yeay! so lucky to explore around.

if you zoom in, you can see the beautiful snow on top of those mountains, lovely!

at Salzburg Airport, get ready to Bus Terminal direction


I wandered around, mostly shops were closed on that day. I just took my chance to explore around. Maybe they were closed since it was weekend. I bought my dinner there, Schnitzel Burger (3.9 EUR) before taking the tram to Bus Terminal. My plan was going to Switzerland but the flight ticket would be too expensive from Dubrovnik to somewhere at Switzerland. So it took me a long way to Switzerland haha. I will take night bus to Zurich by Flix Bus. My bus will depart at 10.55 PM from Salzburg South. It was basically just a parking lot, it's pretty dark and no one's there.

I stopped by for a while, I don't know where but I love it!!

mostly shops were closed


a beautiful DomQuartier Salzburg


super nice!

I met Mozart accidentally, so happy!


it's almost dark

time to heading to Bus Terminal

nice felt like Christmas is near


I bought my dinner at that stall

Time to leave
Thankfully I saw a group of Indonesian inside the tram and actually they also got off at the same time. Apparently they will also go to Zurich using Flix Bus, the same bus, yeay, so glad I met them. If not, hmm I can't imagine if I need to wait fro the second time after Zagreb, alone. In addition, this time the bus was delayed for an hour and 30 minutes. 

The Bus will stop on the side road for a while to get the customer. There were no officer that standby at the Salzburg South whatsoever, so you need to be aware. Maybe since it's midnight so yeah, I felt a bit cautious and bit worried just in case the bus will not come on that night. We chatted while waiting for our bus, until finally after an hour and half, our bus is coming. The journey will take about 6 hours and 40 minutes to Zurich. Let's sleep!

waiting for my Flix Bus on that parking lot

finally after delayed for 1.5 hour

nice meeting you guys!
Thank you for reading my travel diaries, see you!

MJ

Comments