Labuan Bajo 2023 2/4 - First Day Sailing Trip Komodo Island

"It is okay to take your time." 

- A Gentle Reminder

Day 2 - Friday, March 24, 2023

The travel agent will start pick up the participants from 9 AM, so I checked out and waiting at the lobby. Apparently most people also standby at lobby, maybe they also will start their sailing trip like me. Anyway this hostel was recommended, I took a chance to check the public toilet and shower and it was neat and clean. I think I might stay there again if I got to visit Labuan Bajo someday. After a while, the driver picked me up and there were also 2 persons staying at the same hostel as mine.


love my stay there



So we departed to the pier and board the boat. We waited there for a while and the pier was so full, so many people waiting for their boats. Oh anyway I bought my carry-on luggage with me for this trip. Finally it's our turn to go to the boat, they assigned the room for us already. Since I chose the sharing cabin, so I got this room with bunkbed for 3 persons. The boat was quite nice and spacious, so glad there was aircon inside the room. They already prepared welcome drink for all of us, total participants were 15 persons on that boat. We gathered on the dining area while enjoying welcoming drink and he gave us briefing for that day. So, sailing trip Komodo Island officially start!

For this trip, all the participants came from different travel agent, I guess that's why mostly trip could run without much worrying if there were not enough quota if all coming from the same travel agent. But that's a good thing though, anyway I joined a boat called Amore.





Kanawa Island

It's our first stop for that day, Kanawa Island. We hopped onto the island and there were not so many people when we arrived there. Actually the guide made some changes for the itinerary but that's okay since we will definitely visit all the destinations that written in the itinerary. We had group pictures and video drone on that island, it was so fun! We explored a little bit and waiting for our turn to get shot one by one. I didn't expect to get documentary with drone so that was unexpected good things! The photographer really gave us a chance to get pictured or video.

Back to the boat and having our first lunch onboard, I was worry how the food will taste since they will cook on the boat but apparently I worried for nothing, the food was so delicious, the plating also make the food more appetizing. We still have time before arrived at Taka Makassar Island so we took a nap and resting for a while.


group picture



it's lunch time



Taka Makassar Island

Another island on that day, the sand looks a little bit pink since there were some pink corals, we stayed there for a while, explored the island. Well the island size was not too big like previous island so we didn't take much time there. Those white sands were so pretty tho'



Manta Point

We saw and heard if there were Manta when people visit this island, my friend got lucky to swim with manta during his sailing trip to this island, unfortunately I couldn't join their trip back then. To get to the Manta Point, it's kind of different when you go to the sea for snorkeling where it's not that deep and sometimes you still could see under the sea from the boat. But at Manta Point, it was still too deep, the water felt cold and you couldn't see under the sea so clearly. It was hard to find Manta, I was able to spot like 1 - 2 Mantas passed under the sea but it was too fast and I only can see a glimpse of it. We stayed there for a while hunting the manta.

After snorkeling we had some snack and when we were heading to the next destination to the nearest Padar Island before continuing this trip tomorrow. We had some time to rest, enjoying the breeze or sunbathing.



snack time

It's dinner time and we all love the food! thank you, Chef! It's time to sleep and the crews told us to sleep early since tomorrow we should wake up early to go to Padar Island. I was thinking if can I sleep here on the boat? apparently yes, I can. they will stop near the island where there were so many boats surround us. so it's not that shaky inside the boat. And yes, I can survive on day one! It's not bad traveling solo though, instead I had so much fun! all the participants and staffs were so nice thus made me so comfortable during sailing trip, I am so thankful for this.

delicious dinner!

Cheers,

MJ

Comments