Labuan Bajo 2023 4/4 - Kelor Island and Wrapped Up Sailing Trip Komodo Island

"If it is for you, trust that it will find you."

-A Gentle Reminder

Kelor Island from the top

Day 4 - Sunday, March 26, 2023

Kelor Island

It was our last day for Sailing Trip Komodo Island, this was our last destination for the trip. Kelor Island, it's not that big and we must climb up the island to go to the top. It's not that high like Padar Island but it's quite steep to climb up. To go up there we took around 20 minutes to go to the top. The view from the top was amazing. the place on the top was not that big, so we just took some pictures there while enjoying the view for a while then we were heading back down.

There were so many stalls down there so we just stayed there for while, bought some coconut. You can also spot some baby sharks there but I didn't go to the beach so I missed that. It was hot so I just sat down there while enjoying drinks and chatting.


not too high but it's quite steep indeed
picture from the photographer
be careful


We had last lunch on the boat and prepare to go back to the land. It was a trip that I never thought that I will enjoy it so much. Anyway there was a big boat next to us and they gave us some tour to that big boat. The boat was too fancy, maybe someday I will stay on that boat. When we arrived back to the land, since my flight was still in the afternoon, we asked the captain to wait on the boat for while.

last lunch! I'm going to miss their food so much
Below, let's have a tour to another boat next to us, it's a big boat and looks so luxury. It was so niceeee.




with two roommates Jo & Emma (England), also Dela(Palembang)

Loccal Collection Hotel

We asked the driver to drop us on this hotel instead the airport, since we thought we still have time to go to this hotel. It's a brand new hotel and we just want to check this hotel and having some drinks in this hotel cafe. I plan to go to this hotel alone but ended up with another 2 friends from Palembang tagged along, Dela and her brother, yay so glad that I was not alone. This hotel have some voucher to get inside (Rp 300k valid for 2 persons), well pretty much some rules that I found quite unpleasant. They almost asked us to get 2 vouchers so like Rp 600k for 3 persons, I felt like it's too much. We had kind of disrupt to get inside but eventually we managed to go inside after talking with some staffs or manager there by paying like Rp 100k/person for the voucher so total was Rp 300k for the voucher (3 persons). Even though at the end we ended up paying more due to what we ordered.

There was actually no one in that restaurant, it's really hot and I admit it, the design, interior was so pretty but too bad the service was not that okay especially those hassle when we want to visit this restaurant.



From there I asked the driver to picked me up from the hotel to the airport. I waited on the airport before boarding time. I bought some snacks there and little souvenirs. So that's all for the trip, back to reality. I recommend you to visit Labuan Bajo and see for yourself. 


few souvenirs I bought

Anyway I joined East Holiday and I am satisfied with their service, they also sent me a nice hampers after the trip, quite surprise with how they treat their customers. I paid Rp 3mio for the Open Trip (Sharing Cabin) 3 days 2 nights. Superb! For all the documentations, they will send via google drive so we can download from there, I think they sent it like less than a week. It's a nice documentations to have and see, I also put some of their pictures here in my blog, lovely pictures!

I love that the room already have shower including toilet in each room so it's very convenient. The AC also standby so if you feel quite hot, just stay inside but I prefer to enjoy the breeze outside and talking to people there. The service was great, I have no complaint at all. The food were amazing! the plating, the taste, how variations all the food...loveeeee and always waiting for what kind the menu for that day, well done! I took all the food pictures, you can see for yourself.
our boat

living room, to chillax, you can also karaoke there
happy face enjoying last delicious dinner here on the boat

the sweet hampers from the travel agent, thank you!
Thank you so much for all the crews, photographer, chef, travel agent, and nice peoples that I've met during this sailing trip. Wishing you well and happy! Thank you so much!!

Cheers,
MJ

Comments