Europe Summer 2019 - 9/15 : Zurich - Interlaken - Zermatt (Switzerland)

"Don't wait for tomorrow when you can start today"

Wonderful Chapel Bridge, Luzern, Switzerland

Day 10 - Monday, June 3 2019

ZURICH, SWITZERLAND

Finally, we arrived at Zurich. I will stay at Interlaken but since I already at Zurich so I am thinking to explore a little bit. For traveling at Switzerland, this time I bought Saver Day Pass already, it costed 52 CHF, I bought ike 2 months before, it's not refundable, limited and you need to buy in exact date where you will using it. The price become more expensive if you buy it near d-day. It's a good deal, you can just save the barcode from the email, I took screenshot for the barcode so when I take the train and the officer need to check my ticket, I could just open the barcode image from my gallery, just in case if I got bad connection to check my email. With this Saver Day Pass, you can go anywhere you want as long the ticket covered the route.

Since last time when I went to Switzerland, I bought single ticket everytime I want to go explore cities here. This time I came well-prepared,  this country is expensive so this pass really save my day. I bought for 2 days, it's also more easier if you download the SBB Mobile apps, it really helped me to plan my days at Switzerland.

Arrived in early morning, I went to toilet at Zurich Central Station, the toilet was expensive, like 2 CHF. But it's very clean for sure, and I truly amazed since each room has indicator lights, red is occupied, yellow is empty but not cleaning yet, green is vacant, clean and good to go. The staffs will clean up the toilet after used.

My impression with Zurich, looks modern and expensive. I didn't explore that much but it's nice. Especially the weather was also good at that time. I walked around, enjoyed the breeze.

Inside Zurich Central Station

too expensive for toilet but very clean!

feel the breeze








back to Central Station

LUZERN, SWITZERLAND

I took the train using Saver Day Pass of course to Luzern/Lucerne. I almost think to stay here during my trip at Switzerland but I changed my mind and prefer to stay at the center of Switzerland so it would easier to go around. The famous or iconic one from Luzern is Chapel Bridge, a wooden pedestrian. I also went to Lion Monument, it's a monument to commemorate the Swiss Guards who were massacred in 1792 during the French Revolution. I bought my lunch there and eating while waiitng my train to Interlaken.

Welcome to Luzern!

the well-known Chapel Bridge

let's take a look closer and pass this bridge


walking on the bridge

sunny day!



Lion Monument



waiting my train to Interlaken

INTERLAKEN, SWITZERLAND

One thing that I won't forget when I took the train to Interlaken was the view along the way especially when the train almost reach Interlaken. You can see the beautiful lake and it's lingering in your memory. I stayed at Bed & Bar No. 8 (31.5 CHF/night - Mixed Dormitory Room), it's located at Interlaken West, so the train from Luzern will stop at Interlaken OST, from there I took another less than 15 minutes train to Interlaken West. From train station, I can just walk for about 10 minutes to my hostel. I checked in earlier, the view around my hostel was very nice. I took a proper shower and I'm thinking to optimize my Saver Day Pass. So I didn't explore Interlaken but went to Zermatt instead, I stayed at Interlaken because the location is on the center and it makes easier to explore around.



always stunned when I look at this view

I will stay there!
ZERMATT, SWITZERLAND

I have no plan to go here that day but yeah suddenly I feel like I just want to check what's in there, is there any interesting things to see at Zermatt, etc. So, I took the train to Zermatt, just check the train schedule at SBB Mobile Apps, the journey will take around 2 hours. I hopped into the train and spectacular view once again never stopped to amaze me along the way. If we are talking about Zermatt then you might know the logo on Toblerone's chocolate is there, it's called Matterhorn. I finally went to Zermatt and I was kind of hope to see that, even from faraway but at least I could see it by myself. I think someday I will go there again to take cable car to see Matterhorn clearly. The weather was not really good. But I was so happy to be there, wandered around the cleanest village.

let's go to Zermatt

view from the train

Next time I will take that Gornergrat Bahn to see Matterhorn from closer

wandered around Zermatt



so happy I can hear their traditional music instrument, the Alphorn



can you see it? Matterhorn

yayy finally I can see by myself!

wandered around

it's almost 5pm, time to go back to Interlaken
(Back to) INTERLAKEN, SWITZERLAND

After some time, around 2 hours, I took the train back to Interlaken, went to supermarket and tried the McDonalds (7.9 CHF) at Interlaken. It's dark already when I arrived at Interlaken. So happy I could finally went to Zermatt, it's a short journey since I was afraid I couldn't get on the train on time and it's dark already.



I found myself always have a good mood whenever I went to Switzerland, it's like having another me time surrounded with the natures.

Thank you for reading my travel diaries, see you soon!

Comments