Europe Summer 2019 11/15 : One Day at Potsdam, Only 40 Minutes from Berlin

 "Jeder Tag ist ein Geschenk."

at Sanssouci Palace

Day 12 - Wednesday, June 5 2019

After some recommendations finally I decided to go to Potsdam, this city is very close to Berlin. It took around 40 minutes by train to Potsdam Station. It was sunny day at Berlin. I always lucky with the weather whenever I go to Berlin. First destination would be Sanssouci Palace, a historical building near Berlin. Built by Frederick the Great, King of Prussia, as his summer palace, it is often counted among the German rivals of Versailles (source. Wikipedia). I took the bus to go there from the station. I went around the area and there were not so many people. I walked around the park. It was very hot that day and the area also very big.

From there I just walked around and see things that might be interesting. I found Brandenburg Gate and there were some shops and restaurants area. I also found Currywurst, and had some of it. It's delicious as usual and I like it.


arrived at Potsdam Station

wander around the palace








hearing good music



at Sanssouci Palace

Brandenburg Gate (Brandenburger Tor) Postdam



Currywurst, yum!



St. Nicholas Church






Back to Berlin, we had our dinner and then we decided to check street music performance nearby. We were actually want to check some of music performances but we kind of loss track of time on that night but so glad we still made it to a music performance. I really like watching live music performance. I met some new people too there.

nice street performance at night

Day 13 - Thursday, June 6 2019

I had no idea where to go, so I went back to see Brandenburg Torr, I just remember the last time I went there I didn't take my picture  properly and I only had selfies pictures haha so this time I want to check that again and hopefully I could take a picture like I want. Even though I went there alone, I can always asked some random people to help me though. After some time then I went to Albertplatz. Finally I went around at Galeria at Albertplatz and it's really nice to check Primark, Decathlon etc I think I shopped a little bit there haha. It's my last night in Berlin. I felt my time in Berlin just passed too fast. I think this time I didn't explore too much, it's too laid back days for me.

Welcome back to Brandenburger Tor in Berlin

let's check Primark :D



not to be missed, Decathlon

so tasty, really! 
haha finally
Thank you for reading my travel diaries even you might not found enough information.

Cheers,

MJ

Comments