Europe Summer 2019 14/15 : Day Trip to Utrecht and See You Again, Europe!

"The best is yet to come"

the view from the top of Dom Tower, Utrecht
Day 16 - Sunday, June 9 2019

It's my last day at Amsterdam, my flight was at 9.35 PM from Schiphol Airport to Abu Dhabi. I am planning to meet a friend of mine while I was at Amsterdam. She lived at Amsterdam before but not anymore. Therefore, we decided to meet at Utrecht. I never been to Utrecht so I was exciting to visit the city.

UTRECHT

I took a train (7.9 Euro) to Utrecht. It's not that far from Amsterdam, the journey took around 30 minutes. Even I was thinking to stay there too before but I changed my mind and stayed at Amsterdam instead. We met at Utrecht Station for our meeting point and from there we explored Utrecht together. Started by having coffee (14 Euro) in a nice Coffee Shop. There are also canals in this city but not as big as Amsterdam. 


at my hostel lounge

nice park nearby the hostel

Let's go to Utrecht

mostly Europe seats at the Restaurant will look like this
One of the iconic places at Utrecht is the Dom, we went there and the entrance ticket was 12 Euro. The ticket included the guide and there are some kind of batch/tour to go up there. While waiting for our turn, we went outside to the Domsquare and you will find a nice garden. It's so beautiful that we didn't miss out a chance to take our pictures there.




Thanks for the companion at Utrecht, Maartje!

We still have time to have lunch before going up to the Dom, I guess we need to eat to gain energy before taking all those steps. We sat on the terrace and enjoying our lunch. I had sandwich and mint tea. I was surprised when my mint tea came, cause it's really a lot of Mint leaves inside the glass. There was also some kind of music festival when we went there, we saw some music performances and strolling around


Canals at Utrecht



music performances

chilling out at Sunny day


Thank you sooo much, guyss!!


Back to the Dom, the highest tower of Netherlands was built in the 13th Century with the total height of 112 meters. It is located in the center of Utrecht, to enjoy the amazing view from up there you need to climb all those 465 steps. Don't worry, while you join the tour, the tour will stop at the certain spot and the guide will tell some stories before continue to heading to the top. I still remember, the stairs get narrow when you almost reach the top. The view from the top was splendid. I was glad that I joined the tour to check the Dom tower.

let the tour begin!


after those 465 steps

on top of the Dom



ready to get down

After the Dom, we walked around, enjoyed Gelato (2.8 Euro) when checking the canals. Anyway there were exciting things that we saw, so apparently you can find some bikes inside the canals. We saw there were 2 boys found the bikes, and they got like 2 bikes in less than an hour. I find it amusing and interesting to see them. It's a pity that I only have few hours to meet my friends because I need to catch my flight at night so I need to go back to Amsterdam and get ready to go. I went back by train (7.9 Euro) to Amsterdam. Hopefully I can meet and visit them again in their city.
can't say no for this one!

they got 2 bikes in less than an hour, superb!


huu..it's so sad to end my trip at Utrecht

I packed last night and I already early checked out, so when I arrived at my hostel I just need to get my luggage and ready to go to the airport. I went to Amsterdam Central Station and take NS (5.5 Euro) to Schiphol Airport. Since I will transit at Abu Dhabi and I intended to explore Abu Dhabi just a little bit so I chose the longer transit hours. I applied the free visa online when I was at Berlin and I printed that out last night at Hostel. The staff was very nice that they let me to printed it for free. Oh no, my Europe trip will ended soon. I want to go back for sure!

expensive Indomie haha

the park nearby my hostel





Thank you Amsterdam! see you again someday!

Thank you for reading my diaries and see you on my Abu Dhabi diaries.

MJ

Comments