Europe Summer 2019 15/15 : Explore Abu Dhabi During Transit

 "Let's Travel More!"

Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
Day 17 - Monday, June 10 2019

ABU DHABI

I had night flight from Amsterdam to Abu Dhabi, I took Etihad Airways and planned to explore Abu Dhabi so I chose longer transit hours that will give me some time to explore Abu Dhabi. I already had my free visa. Transit visa issued for up to 48 hours transit. At first, I was hesitated should I go outside and explore the area or should I just stay inside and waiting for my next plane. But I kind of feel like, hmm okayy let's just try. I went outside and go to tourist information. I bought public transportation card and asked the staff about some tourist attractions that can be visited during my transit hours.




let's find tourist information

I went outside to take free shuttle bus, while waiting for the bus I met another traveler that also have the same plan like me on the shelter bus and inside the shuttle bus too, going outside on their transit hours. First destination was Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosqueis one the world’s largest mosques and a massive architectural work of art that intentionally blends different Islamic architectural schools. It features 82 domes, more than 1,000 columns, 24-carat-gold gilded chandeliers and the world's largest hand-knotted carpet. The main prayer hall is dominated by one of the world’s largest chandeliers. (source : abudhabiculture.ae)

The mosque looks so grand, clean and beautiful. It managed so well, to go inside there are some rules of clothing. I wore their clothes that covered my body. It's really huge and we spent quite some time inside the mosque to look around.

inside free shuttle bus

check the schedule at bus shelter



dress code to go inside the mosque








I still have some time so I visited another places, me and my new friend wanted to go to Louvre Abu Dhabi but it was closed so we went to another places. I remember that we took local bus and wandered around but we finally decided to just go where there are free shuttle bus. We went to Ferrari World, it's a theme park, the ticket price was soo expensive and I felt like it's a waste of money to pay that amount but only in short time while the weather was extremely hot for me, it was 42 degrees. So we just look around and then we just explored the shopping mall. It's a huge shopping mall and so many things inside.




passed this view while on the shuttle bus

Ferrari World Theme Park





We went to a food court and had our lunch, I tried the local food, it's unique, the portion was big. From there we went back to airport and grab some coffee before taking our flight. We took a different flight and I was glad that we met. I enjoyed explore Abu Dhabi together with her. Since I transit at Abu Dhabi, there is shower room on their toilet, not in every toilet but I think you can find the sign of their shower room. I took shower there, it's so refreshing since there was also hot water. After a long day and take hot shower was simply the best moment. My flight to Singapore was at 9.50 PM, I will transit there before heading back to Jakarta.


let's have a good lunch :)

and dessert :D




Thank you so much for the companion!

Day 18 - Tuesday, June 11 2019

SINGAPORE

Arrived in Singapore around 9.55 AM, I only had short transit before taking my flight back to Jakarta at 12.20 PM and will arrive at Jakarta at 1.10 PM. I stayed in Singapore for few hours so I just stay inside the airport, explored around, having lunch (8.7 SGD), bought some chocolate while waiting for my final flight to Jakarta. I can't believe my Europe trip is ended, I was surely had some fun and upside down emotion back then. But, I didn't regret and of course I want to go back some day.

I always love this kind of view from the air

my playlist on the plane, TVXQ :)



another lunch during transit


what I bought during my trip, so many chocolateee...loveee!
Thank you for reading my travel diaries, stay healthy!

MJ

Comments