Europe Summer 2019 13/15 : Strolling Around Rotterdam then Back Again to Amsterdam

 "If your get tired, learn to rest, not quit"

Cube Houses, Rotterdam
Day 15 - Saturday, June 8 2019

ROTTERDAM

Finally my night bus (Flix Bus) arrived at Rotterdam, my final stop would be Amsterdam since my flight back to Jakarta was from Amsterdam. So I thought I can have some time to explore Rotterdam before Amsterdam, yeah I took a night bus from Berlin to Rotterdam. My first impression of this city are modern, nice architecture, neat and clean.

Since it's quite far so I took a tram to wander around. I bought the tram ticket (4 Euro) by vending machine at the Station, it's really convenience because I can bought the ticket using my credit card. The Station is really huge and not so many people. 


get off from the bus

let's go to Rotterdam Station


I bought my ticket there




I want to see Cube Houses because I thought most people will go there when they visited Rotterdam and that was also the one and only destination that I know when I went there. This yellow Cube House is one of main attractions at Rotterdam. The shape is very unique, cubes with yellow color and you can spotted from far away.





Near the Cube House, there is Markthal (Market Hall) but since I came there in early morning, the market was still not open yet. So I went around while waiting for the market until open. The market looks very nice from outside and I keen on to see it. I went to Erasmus Bridge (Erasmusbrug). Erasmus is a combined cable-stayed and bascule bridge, construction began in 1986 and was completed in 1996. It crosses the Nieuwe Maas in the centre of Rotterdam, connecting the north and south parts of this city, second largest in the Netherlands.(source : wikipedia)


It was so windy and the air was pretty cold yet rain keep coming and go. From Erasmus, I went back to Markthal and decided to walked around until the market open. Once it's open, I went inside and wow, it's stunning, there are paintings inside the hall, it's colorful and soooo beautiful. There are so many stalls and cafe inside the market. I was sooo happy to look around, lots of food and so many things in there. It's also clean and comfortable, I bought some snacks there and not forget, the Stroopwafel. I also bought magnet fridge (2 Euro) for my collections.



awwww I loveee it!





pretty donuts



I was planning to spend half day at Rotterdam, so after a fun (half) day at Rotterdam, I went to Amsterdam because I booked the hostel there already. I booked a day before and I am not sure why the price seemed raise too much. It's quite expensive at that time. Back to Rotterdam Station and I took the train (17.2 Euro) to Amsterdam Central Station.

AMSTERDAM

At the Amsterdam Central Station, I bought GVB 24h ticket (8 Euro) valid for 24 hours to take public transportation. I stayed at Generator Amsterdam Hotel (Rp 1,428,046 but thankfully I got discount so the final price was Rp 928,046), I booked the hotel via Blibli. Once I arrived there, I need to pay for City Tax (4.8 Euro). The weather was still pretty cold but not as cold as Rotterdam. The hostel was very nice, it's very clean, spacious, nice interior. I had hot chocolate (2.7 Euro) since they also serve the food and drinks. I took my luggage on my room and get ready to go out.



Generator Amsterdam Hostel





inside my room, mixed dorm (4 beds)

It's pretty cold but sunny, so I like the weather. I went to Blummenmarkt, Dam Square, shopping at Primark (not to be missed) and I just explored some area that I never been before. Trying to take a boat (12 Euro) to sightseeing the canals, it's a nice experience though. I had fun walking around the city, I always enjoyed strolling around Amsterdam.
















inside the boat, exciting!


dancing house


Back to hostel and I went out to have my dinner, I found this restaurant called 
Cafe Kuipjner. I had burger and drink (12.85 Euro). I shopped at Lidl Supermarket before went back to hostel.


let's eat!



Thank you for reading my travel diaries and hopefully I can write again soon.

MJ

Comments