Yogyakarta 2019 1/2 : Kopi Klothok, Studio Alam Gamplong, Puncak Kleco

"Happiness is a state of mind. It's just according to the way you look at things."

-Walt Disney


It's another weekend trip to YogyakartaI took the night train from Gambir Station (Argo Lawu) departed at 8.15 PM (Executive Class Rp 537,500) and I arrived in early morning at Yogyakarta Station around 3.48 AM, from there I went to the hotel where my friend stay at, Arrayan Residence (Rp 308k/2 nights). I slept few hours more and we started our weekend trip at Yogyakarta.


at Gambir Station, ready to get on the train
inside the train to Yogyakarta
arrived at Yogyakarta Station
Saturday, July 6 2019

Kopi Klothok

We rented a car for 2 days (Rp 600k, @Rp 150k) so our friend picked us up at our hotel and we will go to Kopi Klothok, so many people talked about it and we just curious to check that place. The journey took about an hour to go there, it is located around Merapi area. By the time we arrived there, it was so packed with people and little bit hard to park our car. There are 2 sitting area, sitting on the floor outside or inside the restaurant. I think it would be hard if you go there alone since they separate the line for 3 kind of meals : Main Course, Banana Fritter and Drinks. So, since we were 4, we kinda divide our tasks, the others 3 queuing for meals/drinks and 1 to guide our seating. It's really amusing for me to have lunch at that place. Anyway, the place was closed by the rice fields, so it's nice sitting on the outdoor area. The price also affordable, I like the Banana Fritter, it's tasty but it's limited to order it, like per person max. 2 pax of Banana Fritter.


outdoor area at Kopi Klothok

Studio Alam Gamplong

I could say this place was more like a filming set, film studio. There were several area and most of them felt like oldies or vintage ambiences. From Kopi Klothok, we rode for another more than an hour. It's a new place to go at Yogyakarta at that time. I found so many local people went there.

at Studio Alam Gamplong






Puncak Kleco

In half an hour ride from Studio Alam Gamplong, we arrived at Puncak Kleco. But along the way, we found these pretty sunflowers garden, I forgot where was it but it was just soooo beautiful that we thought that we must stop for a while and enjoy these pretty sunflowers. Continuing our journey to Puncak Kleco. Basically it's like seeing the top with the nice view. From down there to go to the top, we need to trekking a little bit but it's kind of exhausted since it's pretty steep and uphill. The view from the top was awesome and so glad I can see those nice view and so many greenies!

no way to just passed this, need to stop and enjoy the view


pretty

not that easy to reach the top








Jejamuran

We started hungry and we went to this restaurant, more mushrooms here. It's delicious and it took around 40 minutes to get here. Since we arrived kind of late there, so some of menu already sold out. But we were famished so everything would be tasty in that moment. I've been here before and this restaurant still well known back then and now. Before back to hotel, we stopped for gelato at Tempo Gelato. It was still crowded at night. I met my brother there, since he stayed at Yogyakarta for some time for his study.

everything has mushroom on it


yum!

my room at Arrayan Residence

me and my brother
Thank you for reading my travel diaries and see you on my day 2 diaries.

MJ


Comments