Jakarta 2022 - One Day Trip at Pari Island, First Time Stranded at The Sea

"드디오 바다다, 너무 좋아요"

Virgin Beach, Pari Island
I actually want to go to the beach during my first trip in 2022 but since I went to Pontianak and it's not for beach destination so I haven't seen beach for long time, therefore I thought I might want to join this open trip. It's not that far and also cheap like Rp 149k/person. I asked the tour agent and they said, yes they still have slot. I went there with my sister and my mom.

Sunday, July 31, 2022

The meeting point was at Kamal Muara, around 45 minutes from home in the morning, we took taxi from home (Rp 150k) and walking towards the meeting point at Mesjid Nurul Bahar (Mosque), they asked us to be there max. 7.30 AM, but since we went there in the morning and no traffic, we arrived earlier around 6.30 AM.

We waited there and finally we got on the boat around 8 AM, surprisingly the boat was quite small, there were around 40 people joined this trip. And I think they rented that boat for this group. It was my sister's first time taking a boat, after approximately an hour we experienced some trouble with the boat. There was smokes came out from the boat machine and the boat crew tried to fix the machine in the middle of the sea, it took some time. And the waves were pretty big at that time. My sister was nervous and bit panicked, but I don't know why but usually I also will be panicked but I was so calm at that time. I just felt like the boat crew already know what to do with their boat, and it's not like our boat is the only one which heading to Kepulauan Seribu, so I thought some boat will always passing by tho'

Once they fixed it, it ran again but it stopped again, I felt like probably we experienced that for 2 - 3 times until it finally can move again, it took some time for about an hour so our time was kind of wasted because of that, since we only will go to the island for one day trip, it's a pity.

Kamal Muara

off to Pari Island, got stranded in the sea for more than 30 minutes

We supposed to arrived around 10.30 AM but we arrived around 11.30 AM at Pari Island, we also left a bit late from Kamal Muara, since there were some people came late on the group. From there the tour guide gave two options, snorkeling or just wandered around the island. We prefer snorkeling, added cost Rp 75k/person, we paid for 2 pax since my mom wouldn't go snorkeling but stayed with us on the boat.


the boat that we took and got stranded for while >.<

Speed Boat to Marina (Rp 180k/person)

We left by boat around 12.30 PM to go to snorkeling spot, the water was clean and so many fish there, we went down and did snorkeling. We can also clearly saw the fish from the boat since the water is that clean. I also took some underwater picture with the guide. We did snokeling until around 1.30 PM and heading back to the island. From there we went to Virgin Beach (Pantai Pasir Perawan) by Bentor (Becak Motor) it's like motor car taxi Rp 5k/person. We had late lunch at the beach, lunch already include with the travel package but the lunch was so so, even not that proper.

the water is so clean enough to see the coral reef and fish from above

underwater picture, too bad no fish around me

we took that Bentor to Virgin Beach (Rp 5k/person)

Pantai Pasir Perawan (Virgin Beach)


the sand is white, pretty


I felt like this one day trip island seemed too rush that we couldn't enjoy the beach, the beach actually very nice with the white sand and some spots to take some pictures. Once we arrived at the beach, we only had quick lunch, quickly took some pictures and showered, but it was difficult since some shower room didn't have water and we also need to queue and it took some time, we spent like around an hour by the time we back from snorkeling. It wasn't enough time.

Back to the harbor and my sister didn't want to go back to Jakarta with the initial boat when we went to this island, we tried to ask Speed Boat to Marina (Rp 180k/person) but it was full, so we took another boat, but this time was a big boat and they heading to Muara Angke (Rp 67k/person), there was an officer helped us to get the ticket to that big boat. We went back to Jakarta with that boat and I told the tour guide that we won't joined the group with the small boat. I paid extra money to get to the big boat.

back to harbor

go to the opposite side to take that big boat to go back to Jakarta

The boat left around 3.40 PM and we arrived at Muara Angke around 6.30 PM, from there we find Grabcar to go home. I joined an open trip by jalan.jalanyuk (I found them through Instagram). It's a rush trip on weekend, but I was still glad that finally I could see the sea.

on the boat back to Jakarta (Rp 67k/person)

night view from the boat

arrived at Muara Angke

so hungry that we ate that Otak-Otak, so yum!

my sister, mom and me
Thank you for reading my travel diaries,

MJ

Comments