Pontianak 2022 2/3 : Tugu Khatulistiwa, Keraton Kadariah, Choi Pan A Hin, Kopi Asiang etc.

"Time is Short and I Try My Best to Try New Things or Visiting New Places."

Equator Monument, Pontianak

Day 2 - Saturday, June 25, 2022

I was thinking to go to Tugu Khatulistiwa (Equator Monument) on that day. I had breakfast in the morning at my hotel before heading to Equator Monument.

Tugu Khatulistiwa (Equator Monument)

One of iconic landmark at Pontianak, located on the equator line. I never thought the distance would be quite far, so when I checked the map and since the location is quite far so I took Gocar (Rp 54k). To get there we need to cross two bridges and passing Kapuas River, this river is the longest river in Indonesia, with 1,143 km length. 

Once I arrived at Equator Monument, it wasn't that crowded at all. I almost thought the place was closed since the original monument one is located inside the building. But yeah it's open, so after I went around the area I went inside the building. They told us some history about this monument, they said it took around 60 years when the monument was just still place in open air. So, they build this building to protect that original monument. This monument marks the line and divided northern and southern parts of the earth. So glad the Gocar's driver was still there so he waited for me since he knows it's quite hard to find Gocar in that area.

view from my room

ready to cross the bridge

arrived at Equator building



there you go, Equator Monument

Keraton Kadariah

It's a Sultan's palace built in the 1770s. You can easily spotted this since it has yellow colors. I checked the map and I can go there before heading back to city center. So I told the driver to go to this palace. It's not that crowded and the host was nice to explain some history about this palace. It's a free attraction but we could leave some donation to this place.


inside Keraton Kadariah

Waterfront City Pontianak

Yesterday I wanted to visit this place but it was raining, so I thought to go to this place this afternoon. I asked the driver to drive me there, I paid the driver for Rp 100k since he took me to Keraton and Waterfront, from there he can leave since it's already back to city center and east to go around. I was just curious with this waterfront, some people recommend to visit this place at night since it would be crowded mostly with local people. So I thought I will visit this again later at night.

pretty blue sky

so hot!

A Hin Chai Kue Panas Siam

I love eating Choi Pan, so I was glad finally I can eat that at Pontianak. This is one of the recommendation place to eat Choi Pan, I took Gojek (Rp 10k) to this place. They sell some flavors so I ordered all their flavors but the most favorite for me is Bengkoang because it taste crunchy. I love their Choi Pan, it was still hot when they served it, you need to order min. 5 pcs. It was so tasty yet I feel like I think I might be back again before my flight. I had 6 pcs Choi Pan and Lin(Rp 22k).

ready to eat Choi Pan


Warung Kopi ASIANG

This coffee shop was a legend, I walked to this coffee shop. I heard the owner has his own style, he never wear any clothes and I think that became this coffee shop iconic. By the time I visited that cafe, unfortunately the owner wasn't there and this place was packed. It took me some time to be seated. I ordered hot coffee and yes it's pretty strong but still good (Rp 10k). But I think I couldn't sit any longer inside the coffee shop because it was full of smoke, people are smoking.

sooo full

inside the coffee shop

Hot Coffee (Rp 10k), Asiang

Amchik (American Fried Chicken)

Not far from Asiang, I went to this Amchik, fried chicken restaurant but it's actually local. My friend recommed to try their Fried Bread, so I went there to try it. I still have some list to eat today so I didn't order the others food, that's one of my reasons to come back on the next day, I'll tell you in my next diary. I tried their Roti Goreng and it tasted delicious (Rp 34k). From there I cross the street since my sister asked me to buy some clothes for her, so I went around that area to find souvenirs store. I bought some clothes for my family there.



Rumah Radakng Kalimantan Barat

I took Gojek (Rp 10k) to go to this place, it's a replica of traditional house of Dayak tribe. This place is very big, the parking lot also spacious. Apparently when I went there, there was a wedding event on the upstairs. This traditional house length is very long.







Nasi Uduk Borobudur - Mie Tiaw Apollo

Back to the hotel with Gojek (Rp 10k) and since it's almost raining, I decided to stay inside hotel and ordered my lunch online once the rain was stopped. Rain keep coming in the afternoon when I was at Pontianak, I ordered Nasi Uduk Borobodur (Rp 46k) by Gofood. I watched TV on my room while enjoying my lunch. This Nasi Uduk was really delicious, the chicken also so tender and easy to eat. I spent some time at the hotel until around 5 PM.

it's raining

Nasi Uduk Borobudur

I browsed Google and turned out there was this Noodle that made me curious, Mie Tiaw Apollo, so I ordered that online (Rp 46k) and ate it. It's a fried noodle with some beefs on the top. Personally, I didn't like that much so I only ate some of it.

Mie Tiaw Apollo

Waterfront City Pontianak

Rain was stopped so back again to the waterfront at night, it's my last night at Pontianak so I want to see the crowd at night before going back to Jakarta. I took Gojek (Rp 10k) and it turned out it's crowded and packed with people already. So many street food stalls opened and they also open rent for bicycles etc. I went around and the thing that gained my attention was the big boat. Apparently we could get on the boat and having like 40 minutes ride on Kapuas River for Rp 15k/person. So I took that boat, sat down there and on board. Many local people also like to get on that boat, you can ordered some drink and food on the boat and paid it later before get off from the boat. I never thought the ride would be that long enough. It's so windy so I ordered Ginger (Rp 10k) to warm myself.


on the boat, on the top
I prefer sitting down there

40 minutes ride on boat, Kapuas River

Jalan Gajah Mada

Afraid that store, Along, would be closed already so I went directly after the boat ride with Gojek (Rp 10k). This store, Along, was famous to buy local snacks or cake from Pontianak. I bought some for my family. This store is located at Jalan Gajah Mada and yes, this street crowded already with street food etc. So glad it wasn't rain on that night.


time to buy some snacks

After I bought some snacks at Along (Rp 203k), I walked around that street and found this street stall so I bought Siau Twan and Kembang Tahu (Rp18k) for take away. This stall was so crowded and I found that interesting so I also tried to buy some of it. 

Back to walk again around the area and I found this food place selling Bubur Pesawat Ahui/Hisut. I thought let's try that out before heading back to Hotel. Bubur Pesawat is a Pontianak porridge with variant of toppings (Rp 43k). The toppings portion were so generous and I think I ate too much already. Back to the hotel with Gojek (Rp10k) and I still have Siau Twan and Kembang Tahu to eat on that day, so I ate those at my room and it turned out I loveeee it! It's still warm, sweet but no too sweet, one made by mung bean and another made by tofu with palm sugar. Such a comfort food before going to bed. 



Thank you for reading my travel diaries,

MJ

Comments