Pontianak 2022 1/3 : Bubur Ikan Ahian, Warung Kopi Suka Hati, Es Krim Angi and More

"It took me almost 2.5 years to start traveling after Pandemic started. It's exciting to be back on traveling."

The new virus showed up and came to Indonesia around March 2020. Since then most people life were changing, Covid-19 where its spread quickly and keep mutating into new variant until now. During at that time my work environment also changed, some time I work from home and there were time when I work from office by grouping. We experienced lockdown, l have some limitation to go out, it takes some time to deal with it. By now when I write this, I got my 2 vaccines plus 1 booster, I had Astra Zeneca vaccines + Pfizer booster. I also infected by Covid-19 once around beginning February 2022 and did self quarantine. What an experience I had, I got affected before my booster. 

Last time I did my traveling on February 2020 to Bandung, so can you imagine, this would be my first trip again after Pandemic like after almost 2.5 years, Pandemic is not over yet, I experienced 'New Normal', I wash my hand frequently, bring hand sanitizer anywhere, wearing my mask indoor and outdoor, it's tough at first like wearing a mask almost full day especially at work. So I had my day off and I thought that I would love to go somewhere with airplane. I had some choices back then but ended up went to West Borneo, Pontianak for 3 days without knowing what should I do in that city, all I know I never been to Kalimantan (Borneo) before so I thought it would be nice going to new place aside this would be my first traveling so I prefer to a place that I never been before. I booked my flight with Traveloka, Air Asia flight on Friday, June 24 (6.30 AM - 8 AM), 1 hour and 30 minutes journey and will be back on Sunday, June 26 (5.55 PM - 7.25 PM) another an hour and a half journey by Batik Air, it costed Rp 2,073,000.

I only know that I will visit Equator Monument at Pontianak, since this city is located exactly on the equator line. Beside that, I actually have no idea what to do at Pontianak, I try to browse, watching some videos and even asking a friend, apparently Pontianak is famous with their food, so this trip would be more into culinary. Let's go and have fun!

Day 1 - Friday, June 24, 2022

It was early morning flight so I need to wake up earlier that morning, I was still sleepy on my way to airport, I took Grab Car to Soekarno Hatta Airport. I heard it will be very hot at Pontianak so I bring my cap but unfortunately I left my cap in the car but the driver was nice that he returned that back to my house. I stayed at Golden Tulip Hotel, it is located at the center and it's really easy to go around. Finally after 1,5 hours, I arrived at Supadio International Airport (Pontianak), I took Gocar to the hotel from airport (Rp78k), it's not that far and only took around 30 minutes, apparently there are Gojek & Grab already so it's really convenience for me to go around.

hello again Soekarno Hatta Airport

exciting to on board


arrived at Supadio International Airport, Pontianak

inside the airport

waiting for my Gocar

Tugu Bambu Runcing

Bubur Ikan Ahian - Che Hun Tiau

I arrived early before check in time, so I went to the hotel and store my luggage at the receptionist. Then I went to Bubur Ikan Ahian by walking since it's just walking distance, not that far from my hotel. When I arrived at that place, it was so crowded that worker kindly letting me know if it's still okay if I need to wait approximately 40 minutes. I said that's okay, so I sat there and ordered my food.

While waiting for my order, I saw the customers keep coming to this place. I thought, hmm this place might be very popular. Anyway I saw a street stall that selling Che Hun Tiau just in front of this place, so I ordered and eat that while waiting for my meal. Che Hun Tiau made from some mix of glutinous black rice, red bean, glutinous rice flour etc. It's nice to have it especially when the weather feels hot. It tasted sweet and refreshing, it costed Rp 9k.

ready for breakfast

appetizer, Che Hun Tiau, sooo tasty!

I think my meal came earlier like around 30 minutes, I chose Napoleon fish for my porridge topping. Actually that was my first time hearing that kind of fish. They said Bubur means Porridge but actually it's not porridge like we know in common. They put rice under the fish topping. The fish were so fresh and it's a warm food, I enjoyed it (Rp56k).

ready to diggin'


Warung Kopi Suka Hati

Coffee would be very nice to have after that warm breakfast, so  I went to Warung Kopi Suka Hati to have coffee by Gojek (Rp 10k). I had ice coffee and try their banana fritter. Apparently it's really unique to see how they served the banana fritter. They put Srikaya jam in their Banana Fritter, I think they made the jam by themselves. It's really delicious and I also like their coffee. This place was so crowded, the table was limited and no air conditioner. I only had one Banana Fritter since I am afraid I might be too full cause I already had 2 meals before. I think if I get a chance to visit this place again, I might try their others menu.




Bakmi Oukie Abu

For lunch, I want to have Bakmi Oukie, it's a crab noodle and I heard it's well known at Pontianak. From Warung Kopi Suka Hati, I went to Bakmi Oukie at Tanjung Pura by Gojek (Rp10k) but apparently that branch was closed already. So I went to another Oukie Noodle, Bakmie Oukie Abu by Gojek (Rp10k). I actually felt almost full already but still I ordered a portion of Oukie Noodle. It's a dry noodle with crab meat, fish balls, sliced of fish cakes etc. (Rp 43k). From here I went back to hotel to check in and get some rest for a while, I took another Gojek (Rp10k).

Bakmie Oukie Abu

yum!


Es Krim Angi

It's time for some ice cream, I heard so many people recommend this ice cream place. It's a homemade ice cream. I went there by Gojek (Rp10k) from hotel and another crowded place that I visited on that day. There are some flavors, I chose chocolate, strawberry and glutinous black rice, they served it on coconut and they put topping inside (Rp 27k), it's so unique yet tasted so amazing. Chocolate is the most favorite one so I also tried it and it was so delicious.

so full!



I loveee this ice cream Rp 27k

Ayani Megamall

From Es Krim Angi, I planned to go to Waterfront City Pontianak, so I took another Gojek (Rp 10k) but when I was on my way, there was suddenly downpour so I thought it wouldn't be good to continue the journey to waterfront. So, I took Grabcar (Rp 25k) to Ayani Megamall instead, I read it's the biggest mall at Pontianak so I want to check that out. I went around and when the rain is stopped, I went back to nearby my hotel area, I saw there is Starbucks not far from my hotel so I went there by Grabcar (Rp 14k). I sat on Starbucks while enjoyiny hot chocolate (Rp 54k).




nearby my hotel

Afu Chicken Rice

This chicken rice is located at Jl. Gajah Mada and my friend said this street usually will crowded at night because there are so many street food will open at night. So I went to this Afu Chicken Rice and hoping this place was still open yet. I took Gojek (Rp 15k) and so glad it still open. I had Chicken Rice (Rp 43k) for my dinner, they also served with a small bowl of soup and generous meat in one portion.


Afu Chicken Rice

Finished with my meal so I went back to my hotel by walking. I ate too much on that day so I thought maybe it would be good to walk before going to bed. It's my day 1 at Pontianak and soon will share my travel diaries for my day 2 at Pontianak.

Thank you for reading my travel diaries,

MJ

Comments