Bangkok 2019 3/4 : Roast, Blooming Gallery, Artbox and more #gemeztrip

"Let's learn to appreciate people around you and be kind"

Day 3 - Monday, September 16, 2019

In that morning, we want to have a nice breakfast or maybe brunch at Roast. It is located at Thonglor area, my friend said this area was kind of a happening area especially at night. There are lot of cafe nearby. We took Grab Car (THB 90) to Roast. It's actually located inside this contemporary shopping complex, The Commons, where you can find this nice outdoor area, filled with artsy, nice cafes and market. Roast is located on the upper floor, so we took the elevator to go up.

We went inside and surprisingly it was already packed with people but luckily we still get the seats. It was my friends' last day at Bangkok, their flight was at night but we still have some time to go around. But the problem here, we were running out of cash and apparently in that cafe, they only accept cash only. So, we ordered food and drink carefully not to over budget. We already sat there and we just laughed it off. It was so funny that we already planned to have some nice food but it was kind of failed because we need to choose wisely. We ordered some food that can be shared, we spent like THB 1100.




at Roast


After finished with our brunch, we explored the building, went around and it was hilarious because while we waited for our Grab Car to another restaurant, we saw ATM downstairs. We went to the ATM and grab some cash again. Blooming Gallery was our next destination, we were interested with this restaurant because it looks so pretty. We ordered some food for lunch, the plating was soo pretty and unique. But unfortunately, I might ordered the wrong dish since it was so spicy and sometimes I couldn't take spicy food. I am just afraid I might have bad stomachache so I didn't finish my food. We spent around THB 2,507.

From there we went once again to Platinum Fashion Mall since my friends want to go to shopping before going home. It was suddenly downpour when we were still on that restaurant, it's quite hard to find Grab Car (THB 120) but yeah after some time we finally found it and go to Platinum Fashion Mall. It's shopping time before heading back to Hotel and get their luggage then airport.

at Blooming Gallery

    



shopping at Platinum Fashion Mall
lobby Folk Poshtel Asok

We parted our way at the Hotel, they go to the Airport and then I go to another Hostel, I didn't extend my day in this hotel since I want to stay nearby the Platinum Fashion Mall because I want to shop more haha. I moved to another hostel, Pinto Hostel, I took Grab Car (THB 73). I stayed at Mixed Dormitory (THB 340/night), it was small hostel but the interior looks nice, homey and clean. Anyway they asked THB 200 for deposit.

move to Pinto Hostel
hostel lounge

my room
my bed

I put my bag in my room and then I went to Jeh O Chula Restaurant to have my dinner. I took Grab Car (THB 70) and apparently this local food restaurant was very crowded that I need to take my queue number. It really took some time before getting my turn, actually I felt a little unwell on that night, I felt so tired but I tried not to think too much. I chose Tom Yum Soup, it was really good (THB 110), I felt slowly but sure my energy was coming back after I ate that. I guess I only need to eat good food since I didn't have a nice lunch on that day.

waiting on the line to have my dinner, Jeh O Chula
inside the restaurant while waiting for my Tom Yum

I went to Siam area by Grab Bike (THB 40), just wandered around the area but apparently they already closed so I decided to go to Artbox, I actually just browsed where to go since I had no plan. I took BTS Skytrain since I saw there is nearest BTS Skytrain Station to Artbox, Nana Station. I got off and walked a little bit and then arrived at Artbox, another night market, not too big but still crowded with people. If you watch Twogether then you might recognize this night market, I went to this market before watching the show, so when I watched the show I would be like "Ohh..I know that place"

wandered around Siam Paragon but too bad it was closed already

going to Artbox Night Market
not too big but nice market

My trip didn't end there, haha I still have energy to go to Neon, another night market, it's located nearby my hostel so I just thought that I will just looking around for a bit since it was my last night at Bangkok. I took another Grab Bike (THB 35) to Neon and wandered around. I think I bought some souvenirs there too for my family. This market is quite big and I was tired already that I walked enough for that day so I went back to hostel by Grab Bike (THB 36). It was very comfortable to have this online transportation apps to go around.

I was chilling at my hostel lounge and apparently the staff was so sweet that they baked cupcakes for us, the cupcakes were so tasty and I felt warm. What a nice hospitality, great hostel!

Neon Night Market
chilling out at the lounge
enjoyed the cupcakes fresh from the oven :D

Thank you for reading my travel diaries.

MJ

Comments