Taiwan 2/7 - Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall, Delicious Beef Noodle, Longshan Temple etc.

"It's the friends we meet along the way
that help us appreciate the journey"
Chiang Kai-Shek Statue and the Guard which is not moving at all, wow!
Day 3 - Sunday, 27 May 2018

Woke up pretty late and having breakfast at hotel, I had coffee, bread etc, get ready and prepare to check out. I left my hotel around 12 PM. I put my bags at hotel and came back later. I decided to stroll around the hotel area, there is a nice park nearby, 2/28 Peace Park, there's also National Taiwan Museum inside the park where the building looks very nice from outside. It's very hot at Taipei but strolling around this park was not bad. It's very clean and manageable. There are also sports equipments or swing, well, I just tried them all.
breakfast time
National Taiwan Museum
inside the park
concert hall inside the park? interesting, kinda remind me with Rizal Park at Manila
let's do sports :p
I found my favorite arcade in front of Family Mart :)
I drink a lot of milk tea in Taiwan
you can rent this bike :D
I walked to Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall, a national monument, landmark and tourist attraction erected in memory of Chiang Kai-shek, former President of the Republic of China. Surrounded by park in such a big area and it is free to enter. Going upstairs to see the statue and you can take elevator to going down or if you want to take a look the museum. If you take MRT, you can get off at Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall Station.
large square at Memorial Hall
Gate of Centrality and Perfect Uprightness - Main Gate of CKS Memorial Hall
they have sort of event there
the memorial hall is sooo big
the large square from the top of CKS Memorial Hall
Chiang Kai-Shek Statue

inside the museum at the same level where the statue is
going down by elevator to check the museum downstairs
souvenirs gift
my favorite souvenirs :)
sooo cute

From there I went back to the hotel to get my bags and move onto another hostel, Oxygen Hostel, I met my Taiwanese friend that I met in Jakarta and wander around Taipei with him. We went to Fuhong Beef Noodle, late lunch for me and I had Beef Noodle, I asked the small portion with big noodle, NTD 50/portion. It turned out my food still came on the big portion even I already ordered the small one, the beef is so tender and juicy, you should try if you go to Taipei, beside Beef Noodle is one of the special food you need to try in Taiwan.

back to hotel to get my bags
move and check in to Oxygen Hostel
my dorm bed :)

Oxygen Hostel from outside :)
lunch time! at Fuhong Beed Noodle
inside the restaurant
delicious Beef Noodle (NTD 50)
me and Amherst
Strolled around Ximen area and heading to main station kinda forced me to go out from Taipei because he said it’s enough to see Taipei for 2 days, you should go out from Taipei so I bought my ticket to Hualien for Wednesday by train, 6.35 AM from Taipei - Hualien and back on the same day at 9 PM train from Hualien to Taipei, NTD 854. He also showed me there is an Indonesian section on that station, like this section full with Indonesian people, the food, the shop etc. There are lof of Indonesian work in Taipei.


Heading to Wanhua area by MRT line blue and stop at Longshan Temple Station, once we got out from station, we could spot Longshan Temple, a well-known temple and originally built in 1700s. I went inside to have a quick look around the temple, after that across the street we could see night market, we walked around Huaxi Night Market. First thing we bought on that night was a bubble milk tea (NTD 50), it wouldn't complete if I don't try bubble milk tea while in Taipei. The packaging for this bubble milk tea was cute, there was One Piece anime characters. It's really interesting to see night market, they sell mostly street snacks. 
Indonesian section inside the main station
Toys and Video Games inside the main station
Longshan Temple
the temple
cross the street to see the night market
so full!
getting my first bubble milk tea at Taiwan
sooo big NTD 50
We went to Shilin area which also has night market but this time we were heading to Indian restaurant, recommended from my friend and he also bring another friend, we had dinner on that Indian restaurant, I think that was my first time going to Indian restaurant. I didn't eat much because I was still full with Beef Noodle that I had for my late lunch.

The night was not over yet, finished with our meal, we decided to go to Revolver at Zhongzheng dsitrict, alight at Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall Station. We chatted few hours away before going back home. Apparently this place is quite popular to meet up especially if you like to drink beers etc.
Shilin area
another night market
dinner at Indian Restaurant
inside the Indian Restaurant
at Revolver
Back to hostel and this time I stay at Oxygen Hostel, not that far from Taipei Station. I paid already yesterday when I wandered around to find hostel but mistake happened because I apparently I paid for 5 nights instead of 4 nights, so I told them and I got my money back, it's NTD 300/night. I got the female dorm, 4 person. They had locker inside and no need to get padlock to lock the locker, because it only need to use your access card. I enjoyed my stay here, time to get rest and get ready for tomorrow.
inside the park :)
Thank you for reading my blog and see you soon!

cheers,
MJ

Comments