Europe Summer 2019 - 7/15 : Game of Thrones Filming Locations - Dubrovnik

"Winter is coming"

Spectacular view at Dubrovnik, Croatia

Day 8 - Saturday, June 1 2019

DUBROVNIK, CROATIA

Heading to Dubrovnik from Zagreb, along the way we will have passport control since we kind of passing Bosnia for a while, it's like another country. It amazed me but the driver of my Flix Bus was really nice, he drove the bus alone and taking care all of us. Arrived around 9.15 AM then at Bus Terminal, I took local bus (12 Kn), one thing that I noticed in Croatia, you can buy Bus ticket at small kiosk, so I bought my bus ticket to Old Town, because I will stay there for a night. I got off from the bus, and there was something caught in my eyes, so before I went to my hostel, I went to check the place that I saw on the first time when I get off from the bus. 

Apparently it's the place where Game of Thrones ending filmed. Ok, so this is also my reason, why I want to go to Dubrovnik this time. I like Game of Thrones series, and at that time when I went to Europe, Game of Thrones has just ended, and for me personally,  I kind of disappointed with the last season. I heard Dubrovnik is one of Game of Thrones filming locations, so I think, why not visit Dubrovnik, in addition, I also want to see East Europe, so yeah I put Dubrovnik on my list this time.


not so familiar view in Europe, sea!

Arrived at Bus Terminal, Dubrovnik

Hopped off from that bus at Old Town

Stopped by and realized this would be my first destination in here

I dragged my luggage and going to Old Town, because my hostel is located inside the old town and I was so glad that choose that based on location. I stayed at The City Place Hostel (19.5 Eur/night). It's not that hard to find this hostel. There was no elevator to go up, so you need to drag your luggage etc, since the receptionist is on the top floor, like 4th or 5th floor. Thankfully I  only bring my cabin luggage so that's still fine.

Checking in, and the hostel staff was really nice, the hostel was very homey. They gave me 4 bed - dormitory instead of my initially booking which for 8 beds. I felt so grateful. The location was very nice. They also allowed me to check in earlier, so I could laying down on the bed and took some rest a bit before heading out.

Let's go inside to the Old Town and see from the other side!

woww...it feels amazing inside and it's like in a different world

I want to join Game of Thrones tour but the tour will start from 10 AM, and I was too lazy to get up, so I decided to look around by myself. I remember the things that made me excited was the songs that I heard when I was in my room on that morning, there was OST Game of Thrones playing in the old town. My first destination was going back to the first place that I happened to check on the first time, Fort Lovrjenac, there were lot of Game of Thrones scenes in here. So happy to explore all of this. You need to climb up to enter the fort (50Kn),  the view was lovely and beautiful, you can see the blue sea,  I love it!

Games of Thrones last scene!

Heading to Fort Lovrjenac

Beautiful indeed!!


Games of Thrones scene was there

View from the top of Fort


Games of Thrones scene, closer look


Gelato for sure!

Ring the Bell!

Back to King's Landing and explored around the area, I also went to the filming location called Walk of Shame. This old town is soo unique and it feels like you are in another world, that's not real. Those big buildings, surrounded by the sea, it amazed me. I also tried to do boat tour for an hour (10 Eur), it's just really nice going around by boat. If you have time, you can try this one. I wanted to try Funicular but it was under reconstruction when I went there.

Walk around inside the Alleys



Shame..shame..shame...*walk of shame

lovely!



Let's take a boat!

waiting for my boat

an hour boat tour, feel the breeze!


lots of Games of Thrones merchandise


wandering around


nice paintings!

Banje Beach, let's check them out

Wandered around the city, going into the alleys and then I decided to walk around the city from City Walls (200 Kn), I read about it and so many people recommend that one. So, this old town surrounded by the walls, and you can walk from the tope of these walls. There is only one way to get into these walls. When I walked on those walls and see the view, hmm now I know why lots of people recommend not to missed this one. I love it sooo much! Enjoy your time there!


view from City Walls


Games of Thrones scene also there

closer look!


it's totally recommended to walk around this walls

niceeee!

Daenerys scene

Daenerys was here! haha


enjoying music street performance
Bonus : My Hostel in Dubrovnik, great location, not too big but so cozy and feels like home, nice staff, I love staying here even it's just for one night, I should stay longer next time
the lounge or receptionist, the top floor

Thank you for reading my travel diaries, take care!

MJ

Comments