Taiwan 5/7 - A Solo Trip to Taroko Gorge National Park (Hualien) in One Day

"As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing
everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is
a piece of cake. "

Taroko Gorge National Park
Day 6 - Wednesday, 30 May 2018 

So, today I am going to Hualien to see Taroko Gorge National Park, I bought the train ticket few days ago. I took the train from Taipei Main Station, my train took 3 hours from Taipei to Hualien. I took an early train to go there. I bought  return ticket Taipei-Hualien-Taipei (NTD 854) and my ticket back to Taipei on the same day on 9 PM. The train was clean and the seat also comfortable.
Taipei Main Station
inside the station and still early morning
waiting my train to Hualien, 6.25 AM
got this for breakfast :)
inside the train to Hualien
the view during the journey inside the train
Arrived at Hualien, from the exit turn to the left and you will see Orange Bus counter that sell Day Pass for Shuttle Bus, I bought Day Pass to make my journey easier, you can hop on and off the shuttle bus, just follow the timetable, the Day Pass is NTD 250. The Bus will start from Hualien Station - Tianxiang. I choose Shuttle Bus because for me is cheaper and more convenient than taking taxi. The Shuttle Bus color is orange, No. 1133A. Keep your ticket and don't lose it since you need to show it to the driver when you get in the bus so no need to pay again.
my train from Taipei - Hualien
Shuttle Bus counter outside the Hualien Station
Shuttle Bus route
Day Pass for Shuttle Bus, NTD 250
the Shuttle Bus no. 1133 A
check the schedule for the Shuttle Bus
My first stop is Shakadang Trail (A6), don't get off at Taroko or Taroko Visitor Center since it's still bit far. So I get off at Shakadang Trail and start exploring and do a bit trekking. I didn't trekking until the end of trail, the track is not really hard. The red bridge is quite interesting to see.
the view from the Shuttle Bus
Arrived at Shakadang Trail
let's start
trekking time
the track was not that difficult
nice!

From there, I waited for the Shuttle Bus to continue to my next destination, Swallow Grotto Trail at Yanzikou (A8). I like this part, wandering around while enjoying the sights of the Liwu River from nearly straight above the water, the potholes on the cliff faces, the springs sprinkled along the lower parts of the walls, as well as the famous rock formation "Chieftain's profile rock". I saw some people on tour using helmets.
inside the shuttle bus
another easy track
:)
some people prepared with their helmets
that green bridge was closed when I came
Continue my way to Tianxiang (A10) to the last station. Exploring the area and find something to eat, I also just relax and sit there for a while. Then I took a bus and back to Taipei but I figured out that I can stop by at Changchun Shrine (A13) the spot that I saw a lot when I search about Taroko Gorge National Park. It is called Eternal Spring Changchun Shrine, a beautiful temple sitting on top of a natural spring gushing out of the rocks into a waterfall. So many tourist stop here to take picture, I went to the temple just curious about it, the rain came but it is on off on off. 
Eternal Spring Changchun Shrine
go pass that red bridge to go to the temple
passing this cave
arrived :)
another shot for the Eternal Spring Changchun Shrine
I waited the bus to go back to Hualien Station and since I arrived Hualien around 4.30 PM and my train is at 9 PM so I thought I might just explore around the station but I don't think I want to wait for few hours more. So I tried to go to the station and asked the officer following my friend suggestion to change the ticket. I asked the officer and they said yes I can change my ticket so I asked the earliest one. Then I just added NTD 13 to change my schedule for this train that would leaving soon around 5.30 PM and the journey only took 2 hours since it's fast train, yeay! The train ticket price is NTD 440 (Hualien - Taipei). Fast Train in Taiwan are so convenient and also cheap comparing with Shinkansen Japan.
I kinda want to stop on the beach but I didn't
explore around the Hualien Station
Late Lunch :)
my ticket back to Taipei, by adding NTD 13
yeay for the Fast Train!
inside the train, 2 hours to Taipei from Hualien
Back to Taipei Main Station and I decided to enjoy the Sushi again from Sushi Take Out, it is sooo delicious! Then I strolled around Ximen area, I also went to Grace Gift and apparently Ximen area at night was very nice. It's so alive n here, I tried some snacks and enjoying my night there. Actually I also move to another Hostel at Ximen area from tonight, Next Taipei Hostel-Ximending (Rp 385,326 for 2 nights) staying at Female Dorm and I choose the right hostel because my hostel location was totally the best, right in the heart of Ximen, totally love!
I love this Sushi
hard to choose
yum! another meal for that day haha
wandering around Ximen
Sailor Moon! :)
Disney!!
Hi Thor!
so cute!
I tried this one haha
Stinky Tofu, anyone?
Red House
Coco Milk Tea with Pudding, my fave in Jakarta :)
me at Shakadang Trail :D
Thanks for reading my blog and see you soon!

Cheers,
MJ

Comments