Europe Summer 2019 - 3/15 : Back to Vienna and Schönbrunn Palace, is it Deja Vu?

Things to do at Vienna - Hunting Coffee House :)

Schönbrunn Palace - Marie Antoinette's Childhood Summer Home

Day 4 - Tuesday, May 28, 2019

VIENNA, AUSTRIA

My plan for that day was going to Schönbrunn Palace since the last time I went there only at front yard, because I walked too much and to tired to get inside hehe. Passing the Brunnenmarkt then heading to Rathaus, it's just the place that I can think of and located at centre. I took a tram from Brunnenmarkt to Rathaus (2.6 Euro), I paid the ticket inside the tram, there is a vending machine but you need to use coin. Just buy your ticket there and don't forget to validate your ticket. I waited for my new friend at Rathaus since we will go to the palace together, he is from Germany.


Brunnenmarkt
I love seeing flowers
Ticket Vending Machine inside the Tram
Rathaus


me in front of Rathaus, it's cold so wearing jacket is a must :p

From there we took the subway (2.4 Euro) to go to the palace, the station also named Schönbrunn. It was raining, but sometimes not, the weather keep like that. It was pretty crowded if you want to get inside the palace but we plan to go to the backyard because my friend recommended this spot. So we went there and yes, there you can see the palace like you might often see on google. It's lovely and this palace was also Marie Antoinette's childhood summer home. It's also one of filming locations of Marie Antoinette movie. We wandered around the park and it was a really nice park and garden, we also went up and see the palace from above, it was nice, sitting on the bench there, take a break before heading down and back to centre. 

The gate is just next to the Palace to go to the backyard

green everywhere, lovely!
Marie Antoinette scene (cr. google)

going up and see the view

We went to Naschmarkt, looked around the market, I had a sandwich for lunch (2.5 Euro) it was raining again, then we were going to a coffee shop. We found a nice coffee shop with reasonable price, phil, the ambience is cozy and warm. It was crowded but gladly we got our table. My coat was wet due to raining, so hot coffee would be nice. I also ordered a slice of cheesecake, happy tummy for 7.2 Euro.

Naschmarkt
phil Coffee Shop

yum!

I love the decoration

After Coffee Shop I decided to went back to Albertinaplatz by walking, actually I've been there before in 2017 but the place and the surroundings were awesome so I want to see that again. This time I plan to check and explored around again, I also found a music festival so I checked that out and enjoyed the music for a while.

Honestly I don't like the weather because it keeps raining sometimes on that day. I felt exhausted and from there I want to sit down on the nice cafe, along the way I found supermarket so I stopped by, buying some fruits like blueberry and some drinks full with vitamin C or fruits or veggies.

I always love the Hofburg
me in front of the Hofburg

Music Festival
roses are everywhere with different color and greetings card

enjoying my time sitting on the park

My friend recommend this cafe and it's the famous coffee house in Vienna so I decided to check it. Cafe Central, the cafe first opened in 1876. Once I arrived, I can see the queue for the cafe, wow, the cafe looks beautiful from outside, I joined the line and waiting for my turn. I need hot tea and take a rest for while, I walked too much and the weather was so bad and cold. I am afraid I will get sick because of this and I don't want it. It's my turn and getting inside the cafe was so flattering. The decoration, music, ambience, well it's so different level, the waiter is so friendly. They showed my seat, give the menu with smile. I ordered a cup of hot tea to warm my body (5.4 Euro). I actually want to taste the cakes but I was still full from earlier cheesecake at phil. When I was there, there was live music performance and I like it. It made my day, the hot tea, live music, smile of the waiter, I feel energized and ready to continue my day at Vienna. What a fancy coffee house.

let's find Cafe Central

Cafe Central!

queuing

nice with live music performance

enjoying afternoon tea

I'll come back and taste the cakes


I went to Schottentor and not sure what's in there, just want to check out but again it's raining, most of the shops also closed already but I saw McDonalds is still open, I went there and had my dinner there (3 Euro). I guess this time I really enjoy hunting coffee house at Vienna, they have so many nice coffee houses. It's night already so back to my friend's place, chatted and not forget to managed my luggage because tomorrow I will go to Bratislava, Slovakia in the morning.

thank you so much girls!

Thank you for reading my travel diaries.

Stay safe and take care,

MJ

Comments