Korea 2023 5/15 : Samcheong-dong, Cafe Onion Anguk, Insadong, Nakwon Ikseondong, Gwangjang Market Netflix, etc.

“Don’t worry about failure. Worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Sherman Finesilver

here since my sister asked for it, True Beauty and apparently in Love Next Door as well

Day 5 - Friday, April 28, 2023

Myeongdong

Apparently my old friend from my office was in Seoul, so we decided to meet in Myeongdong area. Having brunch at Isaac Toast, the toast was good and there was little line there. Wandered around Myeongdong and we went to some cute store there. From accessories store, clothes and we also hopped into the cute store where you can customize phone strap with those cute patches, images or even creating your name or just initial. I think we spent quite some time there because everything was so cuteee. It was definitely nice to meet your friend unexpectedly in Seoul, how come we were in Seoul at that time, haha.



you can try Mandu there, it's good
toast for breakfast, it's tasty by the way



wander around Myeongdong
me & Felice

Samcheong-dong

We parted way that afternoon because she need to go, and I also want to visit Samcheong-dong area, near Bukchon. Apparently it's a nice area to look around, so many cute cafes, shops, etc. I checked the map and saw this Michelin Restaurant in this area, Samcheongdong Sujebi, when I found this restaurant, apparently there were already some people lined in front of the restaurant so I joined the line and waiting for my turn. I ordered Sujebi KRW 9,000, the price was okay considered it's a Michelin Restaurant. It was still cold so eating this Sujebi was good decision. I had not really good experience there actually, I took some pictures inside the restaurant and there was this staff asked me to delete the picture, it's kind of ruining my mood a bit but yeah that happened sometimes.


nice ambience
the bag is so cute
I joined the queue there for lunch
nice area

Anguk

From there I was heading to Anguk area, there was this cafe that quite famous at that time, there was queue when I went there, Cafe Onion. You don't have to queue if you only want take away but you need to queue if you want to eat there. I took the line and waited until be seated. It's a traditional house ambience cafe, the pastry was  tasty (total spent KRW 11,500). I like they have tatami for indoor area, it was cold out there so sitting inside would be good and so glad I got indoor sitting area.


so crowded and need to queue



Insadong

Nearby is Insadong area, so let's go there. I walked to this area and just wandered around. There was this cute shopping mall, Ssamziegil, I went around that mall and found this similar store like Myeongdong where you can customize phone strap, etc. So, I made few of them there, haha, it was just so cute. Anyway it's actually touristy place so you might find some of them was a bit pricey but I guess it's not too different with the one in Myeongdong area, maybe sometimes it's little bit cheaper than Myeongdong.

Ikseondong

I love this area, I went there in 2019 and apparently there were so many cafe that I found through social media and decided to go back to check this area. It's still crowded and yes, I found so many cute cafes here. I visited one of cafes, Nakwon, I checked the review and the rating was still okay so I went there. The decoration was so unique especially with the train rails in between. I ordered Tiramisu and a drink which I forgot the name (total spent KRW 14,700). Sitting there, looking at the greens while enjoying my cake and drink was so relaxing.

Anyway I found a nice store there, they sell some accessories, bags, etc. The price was also not too expensive. The store was not too big and there were some other people there. Mostly goods in there were soo cute that you won't be missed to stop by even if you just want to do window shopping, Oasis Ikseon.



Gwangjang Market

I watched a Netflix series for culinary and apparently they showed this place that located in Gwangjang Market. So I stopped by there out of curiosity and want to try that out. When I arrived at the market I saw there was a queue that selling Twisted Donut (Glutinous Rice Twist) so I joined the queue and bought it as well,  Gwangjang Market Chapssal Kkwabaegi. The queue was pretty long, I only bought one since I just want to taste it (KRW 1,000).

Okay, time to go to this place that famous due to that Netflix series. I tried that Kalguksu by Aunty Netflix. It was soo crowded and another queuing for that day. I waited for my turn and finally tried this Kalguksu (KRW 8,000). I guess due to that Netflix popular series this place became very touristy.

But it's just nice to walk in Traditional Market, there were so many food stalls, clothes, groceries, snacks, etc.


Gwangjang Market
as seen on Netflix

Dongdaemun

It's getting late but I still want to visit Dongdaemun, it's been so long so I just want to check this area after a while. I went to the usual store, Migliore, and was surprised because that upper level where I usually will buy some souvenirs or maybe some Kpop merchandise, etc were mostly closed, like it was quite empty during my visit. I also checked another floor and most of them were empty. I also went to some shopping mall but since it's late already, most of the mall was almost closed so I couldn't explore that much.

the store was almost closed


It's almost midnight so I thought maybe I should go back to my hostel, I think I visited quite a lot today.

Thank you for reading my travel diaries and take care!

MJ

Comments