Penang 2018 2/3 - Clan Jetties and Penang Hills (Bukit Bendera)

"When one door closes, another opens; 
But we often look so long and so 
regretfully upon the closed door 
that we do not see the one 
that has opened for us."
-Alexander Graham Bell

Day 2 - Sunday, 16 December 2018

Heading again to Penang Street Art and I keep walking to Clan Jetties of Penang, it's like a floating small village. I wander around and having my lunch around there, I had Char Kuo Teaw (RM 6) for lunch. Beside village, you will find some stalls selling meals, snacks or souvenirs.

From there I went back to my guesthouse passing again the Street Art, I think I keep coming back to this area haha since it's just interesting area to look around, I bought couple things at Komtar and then I went back to my guesthouse for a while and good things to have is in front of my guesthouse there is a small stall selling famous coffee called Kopi Bintang, Bintang means star since the lady always put star sign in front of the coffee, It's interesting to see how she made and it taste good.




Market inside Clan Jetties



Kopi Bintang
I took a rest just for a while and then I decided to go to Penang Hills (Bukit Bendera), I went back to Komtar and find the bus to Penang Hills, Bus No. 204 (RM 2). It took around an hour and 30 minutes. Once I arrived there, it's so packed with people. Even it had a long queue to buy the ticket for the tram (RM 30 - Standard return trip), if you want to get fast lane it's RM 80 for return trip. I am so tired of waiting along the long line for ticket and even to get into the tram. Maybe since it's weekend so it was so crowded, it's better to visit it in the morning to avoid the long queue but I was too lazy to go to Penang Hills in the morning so yeah.
inside the bus to Penang Hills, from Komtar
the bus will stop there and Penang Hills just across the Bus Stop
Return Tram Ticket RM 30 for Adult
It took almost more then half an hour to get the ticket 
and I need to wait the tram for another 1.5 hours..ohh nooo
Est time but the actual time was around 4.30 PM to get on the tram
Actually there is also a temple called Kek Lo Si Temple along the way to Penang Hills, I didn't go there and prefer to go to Penang Hills. In this Tram Station, there is convenience store so you can buy some snacks or even souvenirs. There are many benches that you can sit down while waiting for your turn. I waited about 3 hours until finally I can get on the tram. 

The tram reminds me with the tram when I took to Victoria Peak at Hong Kong, this tram climb up about 45 degrees and it's so cool, the journey took about 10-15 minutes. I was feel so tired at that time that I just thought I want to go back immediately. Once I arrived, the foggy kinda closed the view from the top, wandering around and actually there are some attractions spot there but I didn't really explore it since it's almost dark and I can't imagine another queue to get on the tram back. I just took a quick stop on the top, explore a bit and then I decided to join the line again to take the tram. Visit Penang Hills in the afternoon especially on weekend was a bad idea.
FINALLY it's my turn to take the tram
sooo cloudy and raining also came at that time
not planning to take a looong time up there
rain :(
After I went back, I took Bus No. 204 and back to Komtar, I went inside some mall there and have some dinner too, I tried Chee Cheong Fun (RM 3.5). Enjoying aircon and another shopping time before heading back to my guesthouse and have a sleep. When I went back to my guesthouse, apparently the others 2 already left the guesthouse and noone come again, so at that night I have my room all by myself :)
I forgot the name
Yayy I found this mural!
Thank you for reading my travel diaries and see you soon.

Cheers,
Trita MJ

Comments